Find
Notify
Tools

Brno 9.3x62mm project
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here are a couple of stock pics:

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Awesome stock. Is that a full custom stock or a reworked factory one?

Where's the metal parts?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a reworked stock. I am waiting to receive the stock. The gun started as an 8x57mm and was rebored by JES Reboring to 9.3x62mm.

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Very good looking factory wood, most are rather plain. Please post additional pics after you add the barreled action.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will do. I still want to add Talley bases, chnge the bolt handle and reblue but I will probably put a 1 piece base and scope on it until after hunting season.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Which Brno are you using, a mod. 21 or 22 or one of the new CZs?

I have a mod. 21 carbine, that I custom stocked and it has two original barrels with all the proper hardware on them the switch..One is the original barrel and the other a rebored 9.3x62. I used the old original stock as a pattern and added a little candy here and there, and used exhibition Russian walnut. Love the old Brno small rings.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a 21 that started life as an 8x57

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would love to find some more Brno mod. 21 or 22 barrels complete with sights and barrel band swivel, for my switch barrel gun. I would love to add a few calibers to it.

I have a G33-40 that I will be building soon, and a Brno barrel with hardware would be nice.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote