Tools

My new Titanium receiver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
What ever happened to Chuck (the pistolsmith) and his barrel project

I followed him for awhile, maybe it went the way of his pistol business.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the shelf at my work we have a real titanium rifle barrel. I believe it was made by Sam May of Apex rifle fame. The story is he would not say how many attempts it took to get this good one.
30 cal, cut rifled, medium contour. Never threaded or chambered. It is way lighter than a standard barrel.
Speculation is Ti does not wear well as a rifle barrel and would be good for very few shots.
Something for the person with everything.

Mark

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much an Fanzoj Titanium Mauser receiver costs?

http://www.fanzoj.com/en/gunro...formance_rifles.html

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check the price on a Satterlee Mauser.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stopped by Chuck's shop this afternoon; he'll have a couple examples of his lightweight barrels on rifles at the Shot Show (look for the ERGO booth). His website is in need of some work but this is the link: Elite Warrior Armament

Posts: 50 | Location: Corrales, NM | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking action.
I've had this idea for another custom floating around in my head for a few years; Pierce or Extreme Ti action, Murphy Ti rings and bases, balsa and carbon fiber stock... and a Sendero taper barrel. I want a 1000 yard capable hunting rifle that doesn't weigh what my long range varmint rifles weigh.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote