THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Any nice bottom metal available for the Yugo Mausers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any nice bottom metal available for the Yugo Mausers?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any nice bottom metal available for the short Yugo Mausers?

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3287 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will be making a run of these in July (Sound Metal Products)

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:

Hurray!!! Will they fit the Mexican as well?

Thanks,
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3287 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, sorry...

When I read the title to this thread I thought it was something about Selma Hayak.

I bet she has nice bottom metal!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
quote:

Thanks,
Matt

OK... I'm not on solid ground here. Chuck Grace is gong to try and send me either bottom metal or an action to measure. I have not worked with the Yugo...Is the bottom metal identical to Mexican? If so..we already have the programs...I just sorta think they are NOT the same...anyone?

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane the screw spacing is the same as the mex but the mag box is different. The box is real close to the swede's. I don't know if you remember but that's what I got the guard from you to cut down for. Let me know if you need an action, I have several I could send you.
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don.....ol boy..that would be sooooo much appreciated

one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
quote:

Thanks,
Matt

OK... I'm not on solid ground here. Chuck Grace is gong to try and send me either bottom metal or an action to measure. I have not worked with the Yugo...Is the bottom metal identical to Mexican? If so..we already have the programs...I just sorta think they are NOT the same...anyone?

I have trial fit some VZ500 bottom metal to a 1910 Mex reciever.

The VZ500 should be the same dimensionally to the M48 Yugo since it is merely a commercial variant of it & is indeed stamped "YUGOSLAVIA" on the bottom/side of the front receiver ring.

The VZ500 BM fits like it was made for the Mex W/the exception that the magazine box is just about 1/8" longer. That's not a bad thing as the Mex box is IMO just a bit short.

The action screw centers are the same.

A little work on the feed ramp & the stock inletting & the VZ500/M48 Yugo BM would be a great upgrade to the Mex Mauser.

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane

I have one that was made for a model 24 yugo. I also just happen to be travelling to a skeet shoot at McChord AFB tomorrow morning. I can bring it if you like and you can just mail it back to me.

I will pm you my cell phone #

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a 24/47 for $200.00. It seems to be unissued. I am going to start detailing right away. This is going to be my first attempt at detailing an action, so hopefully it will be ready by July!

Matt
FISH!!

<generalwar>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by rcamuglia:
Oh, sorry...

When I read the title to this thread I thought it was something about Selma Hayak.

Nice top metal too!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane,

The mexican bottom metal I ordered from you is going on a Yugoslavian Mauser action as soon as it arrives.

I will let you know how it works.

The Yugo is interchangable with Swede bottom metal, and I believe, the Mexican. I have a couple M48's and M24/47's laying around so I will check the fit.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1481 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
If Swede is interchangable with Yugo, should fit the Mexican, because I have used Swede on a Mexican.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
And I am using Duane's Mex bottom on a Swede.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildcat junkie:

The VZ500 BM fits like it was made for the Mex W/the exception that the magazine box is just about 1/8" longer. That's not a bad thing as the Mex box is IMO just a bit short.

The action screw centers are the same.

A little work on the feed ramp & the stock inletting & the VZ500/M48 Yugo BM would be a great upgrade to the Mex Mauser.

The Mexican/Yugo bottom metal will not be universally interchangable.

The Yugo can be fit to the Mex IF the mex feed ramp is relieved about 1/8". Same for the stock inletting.

I just went into the shop & measured the Yugo & Mex magazine internal lengths.

The Yugo internal magazine length is 3.225".

The 1910 Mex is 3.125".

The external dimensions vary accordingly.

Close but no cigar.

That doesn't mean that either can't be fit to the other, but if you want to fit a Mex magazine into a stock already inletted for the Yugo, yer gonna have to either fill in the front of the magazine inletting in the stock or extend the Mex magazine to the front.

Going the other way will be easier. A Yugo magazine can be fit into a stock already inletted for the Mex by removing some wood & relieving the feed ramp of the Mex reciever a bit will allow the magazine to match the receiver opening. Of course you COULD add an internal filler plate to the front of the Yugo magzine, but that would be kinda stupid IMO. I would think it would be better to have that extra magazine length.

These dimensions are from factory VZ500 (M48 Yugo) & 1910 Mex triggergaurds.

Custom aftermarket pieces may vary.

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I think you will find your box measurements are at least an inch off.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Make the front wall of the Mexican bottom metal .100" thicker and the installer can thin it if required to fit the action. In this way it can be fitted to either Swede, Yugo/FN intermediate, or Mexican actions.

The Tangs on the Yugo are not as wide as the Mexican/Swede tangs. But that is no big deal since an existing Yugo stock could be altered to accept the Mexican or Swede bottom metal. The reverse is not true. Fitting a Yugo unit to a Mexican ro Swede will leave gaps in the stock around the tangs.

Depending on the magazine length of Duane's bottom metal as-is and the thickness of the front wall, it may yet be adapted to the Yugo action.

In any event, while a nice Mexican bottom metal unit may not be drop in, it certainly isn't rocket science to make one work on a Yugo action..

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not speaking for Duane, but a while ago he made up two types of Mex TG's. One had a wide tang that was a drop in fit to the Military TG inlett. So that would take care of filling the gaps.
Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who cares when the "top metal" is so nice?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not opposed to peep shows...but..com'on there are other web sites to flog your willy.