THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Integal barrels SunnyHill, Lothar Walter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Integal barrels SunnyHill, Lothar Walter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Below is my new, polished 0.423 SunnyHill barrel:

My 0.458 from him , no polish:

The .423 again:

I am happy Andy found a guy to polish his barrel (please, no snickersSmiler as not the gunsmith's
favorite job.

Also, Finally got my 0.264 octagon barrel, full length rib, from Lothar Walther. Finish is perfect.

Posts: 352 | Location: Florissant, Colorado  | Registered: 29 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what was your lead time on these barrels. BTW, they look real nice.

Posts: 1133 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite barrels..and that one is REAL nice. Bet I would have to finance the ranch to get one.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Ray, turns out Andy had the Jeffery laying around, I guess nobody wanted it.
The Mauser is real nice but did require some patience on my partSmiler

Posts: 352 | Location: Florissant, Colorado  | Registered: 29 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what are those barrels going to go on? What actions, and what else do you have planned for them?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I got bit by the 404 Jeffery crazeFrowner (An insult to that grand old cartridge, I think). And rather than go, as it should with the working man's rifle, that barrel will be mated with GMA std magnum action, etc. and an elegant steel buttplate!

The Mauser barrel is mated to small ring HVA action with that nice Fisher round bottom metal, trapdoor buttplate and chambered for a 256 Newton. To make use of the full rib, a vintage Lyman M48 receiver sight.

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Good looking barrels! Sent you a PM.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last one I price was about the same specs and it was $1600. and that's been some time ago.

Steve,
Who is Andy, I have always done business with Woody at LW...Has there been some changes made. I purchased a 257 and .284 FWT couple of months ago ago for my G33-40, 7x57 project, and the .257 just because and got them in about 6 weeks as I recall and Woody was still there..??????

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, I meant Andy at Sunny Hill.
No change at LW, Woody is whom I got the octagon barrel. First time working with him and going up the learning curve.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used dozens of LW barrels and never got one that wasn't sub minute of angle...Just a great barrel..good luck..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120