Find
Notify
Tools

Jeremiah's 375
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Jeremiah

Posts: 3455 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
A fine rifle for a deserving gentleman!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle (as always). Love the flat-top checkering.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice - I hope it serves him well.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Duane, you are cranking out some beautiful rifles these days. Congrats to the lucky (and deserving) owner.

Mike

Posts: 21214 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
As usual another beautiful Wiebe rifle to wish for as usual. One question. I see on this rifle something I have not seen on one of your rifles before (or have missed it if I saw it which I rarely do with your productions). It is the relief of the front ring where not just a notch for the bullet is cut in the front ring but the entire right side is cut away. The only other rifle I have seen this on is on a Single square bridge Mauser that started life as a Westley Richards 318 Accellerated Express. It is now a 375 H&H also. I have no idea who cut the ring away,just the fact it is. Why is this solution not used more? Just curious. The rifle is perfection personified and were I still hunting would be something I would lust after. The stock is even dark enough to suit me which is going some.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
that rifle kicks more ass than a one legged man at a butt-kicking contest!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely gorgeous! Very well done.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
That is one beautiful rifle - well done sir!

Can you post some additional pictures? I'd love to see some more details, you've a fine piece of work there.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 347 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Duane, this may be the best looking rifle you've ever built and I've seen more than a few. Congrats to you, Roger and the most deserving Jeremiah.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Now, those are some fine lines!

Well deserved and well done!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13395 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This rifle has a soul.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
To watch Duane work on these bit by bit, it is hard to believe how all those little cuts, scrapes, grinds, taps, gouges and filings can culminate into such a beautiful rifle. This truly is alchemy.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Duane,

You haven't asked, but I'll send a donation for Jeremiah. Beautiful rifle.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
very nice indeed! tu2

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
eighty-deuce, eh?

My Father did about four years with them back in WWII. He had this thing about gliders over Normandy early one June...

Fine rifle, as all of Duane's work; well deserved.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane, That's a beautiful rifle, as usual.

And a very deserving client. I wish him many years of happy hunting.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1906 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
I like the stippling on the front ring.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Superbly executed! I wish this gentleman many safe and successful Safaris.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
May we know more about the rifle? Looking back at the other thread, and here, there is no indication whether the rifle is being made for the serviceman as the client, or being made for a client to give as a gift to the serviceman, or whether the gunmaker is making the rifle as a gift to the serviceman out of friendship, or thanks for service, or both.

If for thanks for service, although the donation would be small, I too would like to donate to its cost so long as there was no recognition of my donation.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Duane, it is also nice to see that even guys who are obviously well acquainted with the AR platform see the beauty and functionality of a well done bolt rifle.
Nicely done.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4197 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle indeed!

Posts: 391 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! tu2

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Modern masterpiece in a proper caliber.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice really like the rib

Posts: 19375 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
It's still a beautiful piece of craftsmanship that I know he will be proud to own. I'm still curious about the relief of the front ring. Did you do that and if so why? Is it an old accepted method or is it less usual than the simple notch. Also did Scrollcutter do the stippling on the front ring? Such things as this make it a most impressive rifle. Your skills and creativity continue to amaze me with each new rifle you produce. We've all heard of the cobbler and his shoes,how about showing us some of the rifles you hunt with when and if you ever have the time. Rifles such as yours are why I never went into Gunsmithing after Gunsmith school. I realized I could never approach that degree of artistry so I just went with something to make a living.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
To the Recipient salute
To the Maker clap

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote