New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Goode
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Stamped on a Fisher/Burgess rifle....Unknown to me.. anyone have information?...Anopther rifle at another time was advertised as "A R Goode upgrade"

Posts: 3453 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane:This is a guess: many years ago the American Rifleman magazine had an article written by one of their staff writers, Joe Roberts. The article was about a custom .35 Whelen that he had had made on a pre-war M70 action. If I'm not mistaken, the man who built it for him was a guy by the name of Goode. If I recall, mr. Goode was from Maryland. I know there was a picture of him in the article. I have that article somewhere in my mess of American Rifleman magazines. If I can find it, I'll give you some more info. But I could be totally wrong about my guess.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best guess so far !! Thanks

Posts: 3453 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
google search for AR Goode reveals several rifles offered at auction by Rock Island Auction.. a Winchester hi-wall in .225 win pops up...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK Duane: Found the article in Sept. 1975 issue of American Rifleman. I was wrong on the author but right on the name of the builder. Author was C.E. Harris and his builder was Ray Goode from Thurmont, Md. Sounds like it could be the same guy. I think my wife could scan the article and e-mail you if you're interested.

Dan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got your PM...that will work...Thanks much..The puzzling part is why his name appears on a Fisher Burgess rifle My guess is that he must have made some conribution to the project.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
Got your PM...that will work...Thanks much..The puzzling part is why his name appears on a Fisher Burgess rifle My guess is that he must have made some conribution to the project.

Puzzling part is why have we not seen pictures of said rifle yet? Big Grin

Is it dated, Burgess usually put the year on his work.

John

Posts: 546 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gasgunner:
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):

Puzzling part is why have we not seen pictures of said rifle yet? Big Grin

I do not have access to the rifle...just tried to do some snooping for the owner..

Is it dated, Burgess usually put the year on his work.

John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does this mean that after 20 years we might see pictures?! Wink

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote