The Accurate Reloading Forums
AR Goode

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971019521/m/1251010672

01 October 2023, 21:07
Duane Wiebe (CG&R)
AR Goode
Stamped on a Fisher/Burgess rifle....Unknown to me.. anyone have information?...Anopther rifle at another time was advertised as "A R Goode upgrade"
01 October 2023, 21:43
devere
Duane:This is a guess: many years ago the American Rifleman magazine had an article written by one of their staff writers, Joe Roberts. The article was about a custom .35 Whelen that he had had made on a pre-war M70 action. If I'm not mistaken, the man who built it for him was a guy by the name of Goode. If I recall, mr. Goode was from Maryland. I know there was a picture of him in the article. I have that article somewhere in my mess of American Rifleman magazines. If I can find it, I'll give you some more info. But I could be totally wrong about my guess.
02 October 2023, 00:37
Duane Wiebe (CG&R)
Best guess so far !! Thanks
02 October 2023, 02:31
jimatcat
google search for AR Goode reveals several rifles offered at auction by Rock Island Auction.. a Winchester hi-wall in .225 win pops up...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis
02 October 2023, 05:42
devere
OK Duane: Found the article in Sept. 1975 issue of American Rifleman. I was wrong on the author but right on the name of the builder. Author was C.E. Harris and his builder was Ray Goode from Thurmont, Md. Sounds like it could be the same guy. I think my wife could scan the article and e-mail you if you're interested.

Dan
03 October 2023, 00:31
Duane Wiebe (CG&R)
Got your PM...that will work...Thanks much..The puzzling part is why his name appears on a Fisher Burgess rifle My guess is that he must have made some conribution to the project.
03 October 2023, 15:54
gasgunner
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
Got your PM...that will work...Thanks much..The puzzling part is why his name appears on a Fisher Burgess rifle My guess is that he must have made some conribution to the project.

Puzzling part is why have we not seen pictures of said rifle yet? Big Grin

Is it dated, Burgess usually put the year on his work.

John
05 October 2023, 02:59
Duane Wiebe (CG&R)
quote:
Originally posted by gasgunner:
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):

Puzzling part is why have we not seen pictures of said rifle yet? Big Grin

I do not have access to the rifle...just tried to do some snooping for the owner..

Is it dated, Burgess usually put the year on his work.

John

08 October 2023, 21:07
montea6b
Does this mean that after 20 years we might see pictures?! Wink