Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Photography
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would urge all to get thir hands on a copy of the Summer issue of "Gunmaker"

David Norin has put together a truly marvelous article about background manuipulation. I did not know that such technology was available to even the amatuer photographer for around $100.00

ACGG 307 587 4297 While you're at it, might want to purchase a raffle ticket.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Where do i find Gunmaker magazine?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
ACGG 307 587 4297 While you're at it, might want to purchase a raffle ticket.

tu2

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
Where do i find Gunmaker magazine?

Great question! tu2

You need to become an associate or regular member to get the subscription.

OR....There should be some at the Dallas Safari Club show in 2012. Not sure if it's the current issue or the next one.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1839 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know in the past, these could be purchased by anyone as long as supplies last. Call 307 587 4297

Norin describes the process in detail and the results are stunning..no more shadows , about any color and texture you want. James Anderson does an excellent job and I think he uses a similar process....James??

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
Thanks Duane.
I used an older version of Photoshop Elements for working with the mini mauser pics like the rotating background seen on my avatar. Just recently my new Win 7-64 bit computer ate my program. Not sure why. So I ordered the newest version Photoshop elements 9. Have yet to install and run it. Can only be better than my old program. The lighting still needs to be correct to get a good picture. You can fudge with Photoshop a little, but it's worth the time to get the correct lighting highlights before processing.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1839 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's an interesting discussion of this topic with some great suggestions and advice over at the Doublegunshop.com site on their classic single barrel forum. From folks like Steve Hughes and Michael Petrov, 2 of the better writer/photographers today. DEFINITELY worth a look!
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J.D.Steele:
There's an interesting discussion of this topic with some great suggestions and advice over at the Doublegunshop.com site on their classic single barrel forum. From folks like Steve Hughes and Michael Petrov, 2 of the better writer/photographers today. DEFINITELY worth a look!
Regards, Joe

Thanks Joe! Try this linky:

Double Gun Shop Photography Discussion

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Link no workey...

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try this version, edited, you have to go through the forum to get to it:

Forum Root

Then click on "Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles"

The thread is title: "Taking Firearm Pictures" - may be down to the second page now.

Would also suggest looking around the site. The Farquarsen (however you spell it) is incredible!

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. --- Greek Proverb

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny thing - my link works for me, but the other one doesn't! Get a database error...

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
SmallCal link didn't work for me.

UBB Message

We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Database error only visible to forum administrators

Please click back to return to the previous page.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Try this

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Still shows a data base problem George.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote