New
Find
Notify
Tools

stock duplication
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do any of you have any recommendations for a quality stock duplicator that would have a mauser pattern for either one of the trim German stocks with a Schnabel fore-end or a British stalking style. Thanks

Posts: 10702 | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I have several 98 patterns with a Schnabel. You happen to have a picture of what you want?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me get a couple and I'll pm them to you. Looking for a small, open grip and short and narrow fore-end. Got a piece of wood that I've been saving for 15 years

Posts: 10702 | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let me get a couple and I'll pm them to you

tu2

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
paul does an excellent job

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Cat

I must apologize my memory failed me again. Once I separated my Schnabels I ended up with only 2 98s. One is the gray one and the other is a simple M70 featherweight clone.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.walnutgrovegunstocks.com has the exact pattern you are looking for.

It even has the side panels on the forend and curved butt stock.

I have one sitting here ready to go to the stock fitting gentleman I have been using the past several years.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
www.walnutgrovegunstocks.com has the exact pattern you are looking for.

I know Chris probably has the pattern. I have one from him for the 94.

The middle is the 94 pattern.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello All, I too am looking for a stock duplicating service. I have the Blanks. Thanks for your help, Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3337 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Brian per your PM. What type pattern are you looking for?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul, Sorry I din't see your PM. ( Which was a quick reply, thanks.)

It's for a ruger short action 350 Rem. mag.
The bottom one in your March 01 post and the bottom one in your March 02 post look great.
I will get it done after I return from Africa. This summer I think. I have a nice walnut blank. I will PM you in the future. Thanks again for getting back to me. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3337 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Brian I'm sorry but I don't have a Ruger short action pattern. Frowner

If you have one or can alter a factory to what you want with bondo I can copy it. Just don't have one and have had no request until now.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
I found thus stock on another web site. Bought it and it is in the mail now. Should have it tomorrow.

Looks like the Schnabel tip was cut off in the past.

I will use the stock for a pattern, I will splice on another tip and shape it into a proper schnabel.

Posts: 1449 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you guys know that if he doesn't have a pattern, but if you have and old stock = that works too

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
you guys know that if he doesn't have a pattern, but if you have and old stock = that works too

What he said Wink

Woodhunter. Nice looking stock. A real shame they chopped it off like that.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
quote:

What he said Wink

Woodhunter. Nice looking stock. A real shame they chopped it off like that.

Yea whomever did that should have a hand chopped off.

In a close up photo of the forend the slight swell of the beginning of the Schnabel is apparent.

I will do a little surgery and turn it into a proper pattern.

Posts: 1449 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
Another one I dug out of the storage room a few minutes ago. I may use it as a pattern for my upcoming 7x57 build.

It is an old Herters stock from the 1960's. The dark stained area at the butt is from a lace up pad that was left on the stock for years.

It has a nice cheek piece but it does not show well in the photo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, Sure, I can do that easily. Good idea. I will contact you in a couple of months. Brian

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
The middle is the 94 pattern.

I'm sorry guys, but that middle 94 pattern is THE most phallic firearm I've ever seen. I don't have an opinion on schnabels one way or the other, but THAT one wouldn't work for me.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WoodHunter:
I found thus stock on another web site. Bought it and it is in the mail now. Should have it tomorrow.

Looks like the Schnabel tip was cut off in the past.

I will use the stock for a pattern, I will splice on another tip and shape it into a proper schnabel.

Received the stock today. Took some photos, they are in new thread "Duplicator Pattern Stocks".

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
but that middle 94 pattern is THE most phallic firearm I've ever seen

rotflmo I would have to agree with you. I've actually cut that for a couple members. Changes range from slim down the end to cut the end off and install a new tip.
I don't care for the panels either.

If it was a high demand item I would slim it down.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K