New
Find
Notify
Tools

willis jeep
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
would love to have one for the farm. where do you start looking?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Military Vehicles

It is the title of a magazine! They have all kinds of vintage and current.

You might also try Vintage Power Wagons or Power Wagon Advertiser.

I realise they are primarily Dodge but that is a the crowd that seems to have the most info.

Post pics when you find one, I'd really love to see! I get more excited about old iron than I do about fine rifles and bores bigger than .5

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was a guest several times on a deer/pig lease where 2 of the guys had these jeeps. Both also had the little WWII trailers that went with them.

They were pretty cool and very handy.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might find one on this web site:kaiser willis.com.
They have a place for folks to list their jeeps.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Also Google Willys MB2. Drove an MB2 throughout Nevada until the BLM shut me down. The '45-'47 were the best units, but the seats left a lot to be desired on cross country trecks.

.....fortunate son

Posts: 20 | Location: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: 15 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
If you just want a Willys jeep to drive around, you probably will be better off with a CJ series, made post war. E-bay always has them and they are much much cheaper than the WW2 versions. (made by Ford and Willys). I assume you want a true, flat fendered, 134 ci flathead 4 engine Jeep. There is no such thing as an MB2. It is either an Willys MB or Ford GPW made from 42-45, or a Willys CJ2, 3a, or 5. Willys trademarked the name Jeep in 1944. Vintage Power Wagons handles Dodge products, although they have lots of Kaiser jeep parts too. If you want a more practical, true military vehicle, get an M37; 3/4Q ton truck. Made 51-64. If you want to talk jeeps and Dodge power wagons, pm me. I have restored many and have an M37, a 67 WM300 Power wagon, a 47 Willys CJ2a and a 42 Ford GPW. they are all fun.

Posts: 17114 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Learned how to drive in my uncle's 1948 willys jeep,w/ a 4 cylinder flathead. Funny thing was he used a tuna can w/ steel wool for an aircleaner. Also remember the start button on the floor. Drove it in a field. You couldn't kill that thing. Fun as hell!

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote