New
Find
Notify
Tools

compact,carbine-6.5x55???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A few years back i ran across a very short, compact military rifle in 6.5x55. I did not act quick enough and it got away. I have no idea what brand, model or etc.that it was. I would like to find a rifle with the above described quality's. Can anyone help me? This is very vague i know but it's all i have.Thank's

Posts: 308 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Chris Long>
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
/

<.>
posted
Yeah, I had a Husqvarna Swede carbine in hand, mint condition, all straight. $200. Kicking myself in the butt, kicking, kicking . . .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an m38 swede in great nick in 6.5x55 it shoots really well, is it classed as a carbine ??

I do not think I will sporterise it as it may be worth more left as is than if I butcher it. I could just add a cheap synthetic to it and just store the orginal wood, I have thought of doing that just to lighten it off a bit when carrying it.

Alf thats a nice little rig you have there !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Alf
Can you tell us more about that rifle? Is it a Tankies model?

Bakes

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
<sbhva>
posted
Alf's rifle is a Swedish model 94/14 Carbine that was rechambered from the original 6.5x55 to 7x57 and sold to Columbia (I am relying on my memory here - I know it was somewhere in Central or South America) in the 1950's. I have seen ads for these in old American Rifleman magazines from the early '60's priced at $49.95.

All matching original model 94 carbines are going for $750+ in the US now.