New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cetme 308
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
ANy of you guys have some feed back on the Cetme. I have a chance to get pick one up. What is average going price for a nice one.
Is there anything to be aware of on one of these.
Good, bad and the ugly.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gentleman Jack
posted Hide Post
$299 for plastic furniture, $349 for wood. Look at the welds around the receiver and if it looks like bubble gum, stay away. Also, I would stay away from century arms.

"There are creatures here that cannot even be found in books, and I have killed them all......"

Posts: 273 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I figured it was to good to be true, this one is a Century I am pretty sure. Just looking at them last night I would have ranked them above an SKS. I realy wasn't looking to keep it, just thought I could make a $ on it. H wanted 150 with half a dozen clips or so.
Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gentleman Jack
posted Hide Post
Well it may be a good plinker but thats about it. At that price I would be skeptical to say the least. Buy it, take it to a gun show and double your money.

"There are creatures here that cannot even be found in books, and I have killed them all......"

Posts: 273 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cetme's have their quirks. They're lots of fun to shoot.

The amount of magazines doesn't necessarily mean anything. Most all magazines will need some sort of fitting to get them to feed right. And that holds true for both the Cetme and the HK G-3 mags. (G-3 mags usually need less though).

Nothing wrong with selling the gun, and trying to double your money.

mike

Posts: 180 | Location: Bremerton, Wa | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just get a good Fn-Fal and go first class.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had one about three years ago. A wood one that was as ulgy as a mud fence but it did run. Cheap battle rifle accurate at 5" at 100yds. I did have it go full auto for 5 or 6 round when it was dirty. Best of luck.

“I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior,
except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit.”
Theodore Roosevelt (1858 – 1919)

Posts: 240 | Location: texas | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have on that shoots pretty consistant 3" groups with any mil surp. Very pleasant to shoot. Got to keep the chamber clean though.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must say, that the FAL that I had a chance to shoot, didn't impress me at all. Granted, it might not have been of decent quality, but you know what they say about 1st impressions. But to each their own. The FAL is almost as widespread as the AK-47, so there must be something good about the design, otherwise it wouldn't be used by so many.

mike

Posts: 180 | Location: Bremerton, Wa | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a Cetme several years ago. Mine needed some tweaking but after I added oversized rollers and a new locking piece as well as cleaned up some of the welds inside the charging tube it ran great.
All of them need tore apart and cleaned very very well as the monkeys at Century leave them full of grip and metal shavings when they rebuild the kits. Mine used G3 mags with no alteration.
Gunboards.com has a great forum for Cetme owners.
Also try cetmerifles.com

Don Nelson
Sw. PA.

Posts: 622 | Location: PA. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine's been pretty good. I had to straighten out the recoil spring guide rod, but once I did that, it's been great.

A very therough cleaning is extremely necessary due to the Century Arms monkeys work. I've got both CETME and HK mags that work.

mike