New
Find
Notify
Tools

Manurhin MR 73
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eric
posted Hide Post
Not a bad looking revolver, however I'm partial to a S&W 625, or a 629 or a Model 10.

Regards,
Eric

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
Benjamin Franklin, July 4 1776
Lost once in the shuffle, member since 2000.

Posts: 199 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: 05 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have known some of those (and their users as well) used by the GIGN, one had already gone over 200 000 rounds of Norma .357 mag, 158 grains high velocity, way back in 1983.
All main parts are drawn from the same block of forged steel, barrel, frame and cylinder. This is the best french made steel hence the lines of the Manurhin 73 and its light weight compared to other .357 revolvers.
Then its double action mecanism is pure genius. I love the SW for the way you can tweak its mecanism to get something pefect but the Manurhin IS perfect.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Better quality pictures of MR 73 I modified to shoot 38 Super Auto and 38 Super Comp rimless.

one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Edmond, I'm not familiar with the Manurhin line of revolvers but my late first wife sold several of these:

She bought one for me and I sure do wish I had kept it. It was dead reliable and accurate but was a 32 ACP - my main reason for getting rid of it. Frowner
Pity, they were real quality little guns.

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some nice little french pistols and cousins
Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
up