New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield M1A SOCOM 16
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have one - 'love it! No problems at all and it has always been capable of more accuracy than I am. The fun factor is off the scale.

Posts: 376 | Location: Farmington, NM - USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone shooting a SOCOM 16? Opinions?
TIA,
Sako

Posts: 81 | Location: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got one now as well and put a Trijicon Tri-power on it. Way fun! Shooting some Aussie 1990 FMJ ammo through it with no problems. Also, loaded some vintage 165 Nosler BT's with BLC-2 and had great accuracy. Velocity was about 200 fps under book value-about what I figured with the 16 inch barrel.... Plan on using it as my CQ whitetail gun next season.... 5 rd mags are proving to be tough to get, though. Springfield has had them on back-order for awhile. Might try out the receiver scope mount as well.
Sako

Posts: 81 | Location: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sako
If a 5 round magazine is required by law for hunting in your state, and you cannot find one by hunting season, just "plug" a 20 rounder with a shaped piece of wood that limits mag capacity to 5 rounds. You could also do the same thing to a 10 rounder.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
N E 450,
Thought about that awhile back. Just wanted the smaller mags so the warden doesn't hassle me.
Sako

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SakoL61R:
N E 450,
Thought about that awhile back. Just wanted the smaller mags so the warden doesn't hassle me.
Sako
check it out

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link, Cool.
Sako