New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schmidt Rubin K 31 Stock Wanted
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for an original K 31 stock and handguard in good condition. Does any one have one or know where I can find one for sale?

If I can't find an original, what do you think of the replacement stocks that are available? I see that Numrich has walnut stocks and handguards. Anyone have experience with this?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in the same boat as you. Have two K31s with excellent metal and beat up stocks.

I'd recommend keeping the old stock and having it refinished. This will cost about $70-80 (plus shipping).

Or, if you've got the time and patience, refinish it yourself.

If you take the stock off, you'll see that the serial number probably matches the rest of rifle. So work with the old stock if possible.

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DaMan:

The stock on the rifle has been sporterized and the does not shoot as well as before. I want to restore it to its original state and in the process, hopefully regain its former accuracy.

I wish I had the original stock!

Thanks for your thoughts.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Working with the original stock is the best idea, but if you want another one try;

http://www.tngunparts.com

Very reliable, usually underestimates condition, fast, and reasonably priced. He's very quick to answer e-mail questions.

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Try the following link to Reich Outfitters. He's out of Las Vegas and you have to be patient as sometime it takes him a week or two for response. But, I've dealt with him a couple times and he is very good to deal with. He has K-31 stocks listed on his inventory but it changes daily.

http://www.gunboards.com/sites/reichoutfitters/index.html

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Matt has got a good source with Reich. thumb

"Swiss Model K-31 walnut stock with hand guard and all stock metal. VG @ $58 Select @ $62"

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DaMan, BEJ, and Matt:

Thank you for the suggestions. I will make contact with them and see what is available.

Thanks again. AR is a great place for help!

RCG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RCG, do contact Layne at Tennesse Gun Parts, at the link above. I build parts for Layne, and know he has them. You won't beat his prices. I have a stock pattern for one, if you want a new stock talk to layne about having me dupe one for ya.

Chad

Posts: 85 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote