New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther Manurhin PP & PPK
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I once had a matched / walnut boxed pair of Manurhin PP's in .22 LR and .380. It was the only boxed pair I've ever seen.

Like so many of my other past treasures, I foolishly traded them for something I thought I needed more.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
My late first wife sold a number of these to local PD officers as an off-duty carry or back up gun. Little gun rides very well in the JackAss holster and just like the gun it is cloned from, it works. 'nuf said!

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This brings back memories.

I always wanted a Walther style 22LR as a Kit gun.

Also I have shot most of the 380 semiauto's that were around, back in the day, up to the year 2000 or so, as a result of my job at the time.
Back then the best 380 guns of the day were considered to be the Walthers, the Mauser HSC, the two H&K's, the Berreta/Browning DA, and the "venerable" Browning 1910.

I found the most accurate and most reliable of them all, was the Browning. Even with its tiny sights, I always shot 100% on my Dept. qual course with it. Much to the dismay to my buddies carrying the other 380's of the day.

I would never have believed it, if I had not done it several times...

I always wanted to like the Walthers best, and I have always been an H&K fan, but the Browning was the best by far, in actual use, for me.
I carried and used it quite a bit, most often as a No2.

The only reason I do not still have, and carry it, today is that actually, I found I could carry a Colt Commander [what most call the Lightweight Commander today], just as easialy as the 1910, especially with a Milt Sparks or a GWM Davis IWP holster.

And why carry a 380, when you can carry a 1911 in 45 ACP???

Even today with all the miniture 380's and miniture 9mm's, I can and do carry a Colt Agent 1911, in 45 ACP instead.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I loved my H&K 4, the multicaliber one.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote