New
Find
Notify
Tools

M98 action wrench pic's???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have a good picture of an M98 action wrench. I have everything I need to make one but would like to see a beter shot than the one I have found of a Wheeler one.

Thanks

Posts: 201 | Location: Loomis, Ca | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The one I use is just a U bolt through a heavy piece of square stock. I use a chunk of sheet lead between the ring and the bolt to protect the finish and reduce the chance of crushing the ring. You gotta be careful tighteneing the nuts on the U bolt.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow that sounds simple. I have been surfing and found one other shot on the web that showed me what I was expecting or was looking for.

Posts: 201 | Location: Loomis, Ca | Registered: 26 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LS, I have a digital camera, and can take some shots of my wrench and vise, but I haven't figured out how to post them yet. I guess I could email them to you if you want. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya Dan that would be great. I'll take any photos I can get just to see other ways or other ideas.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
So where is the site with a good picture of a Mauser wrench?

I need to build one ( action wrench) in the near future!

LouisB

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
R.A. Walsh, MAUSER 98 & 96: How to Build Your Favorite Custom Rifle" has drawing of action wrench, barrel vise and more. Available thru Brownell's or Amazon.

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownells hab a good shot of an action wrench.