New
Find
Notify
Tools

.30-06 M-2 Ball From the CMP
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

This is what you get from the CMP. 1,440 Rounds of .,30-06 M-2 Ball 150 Gr. Ammo. All of it is clean, well packaged, and nice and shiny. I'll report on it's accuracy later, when I get a chance to do some testing. So far, so good. Excellent price on this stuff. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from the range and capped off 4 boxes of this stuff. Man, it's nice to shoot a round with some authority after all of the .223 I've been shooting lately! Even the wife enjoyed the increased power level. Anyway, this stuff is very accurate in all of my bolt guns. The Weatherby was the best, constantly grouping under 1" at 100 yards. The Ruger Mark II Stainless didn't like it much, but I expected that. That gun complains about most everything it's fed. The Browning A-Bolt Medallion Grade came in a close second, with only 2, 5, shot groups opening up to just under 2". I'll be buying more of this stuff, as it's excellent ammo, and loaded stiff. I had zero extraction or ejection problems with it. Makes the .223 feel like a womans varminter! Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been happy with the .308 match ammo from CMP, but I doubt they will ever have any available again.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this stuff is actually greek ammo made to out specs. seems to be about the only stuff available today. good stuff too. like the way they even copied our ammo cans etc.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Funny, just last Friday I sent in my p-work for a Garand, a case of 06' ball (480 rnds) and a can of pre-clipped '06 ball (192 rnds). If all goes well, I'll order up another 3 crates of ammo!

With the damn cost of surplus ammo skyrocketing I have no problems spending now!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting, because the cmp site suggests that ammo might be ancient, deteriorated, corroded, damp, stored lord knows how . . .

posted Hide Post
I've purchased and shot a lot of it. I've also used a lot of it in CMP Springfield and Garand matches. The first year it was used, most competitors let the cases lay, and I picked up a lot of it. Of well over 1000 cases picked up, not one had a split neck, no extractor rims ripped off, no primers leaking gas or falling out, no splits on the side of the case.

The only complaint I've had with it is the extraction is hard out of a 1903. I would have placed a lot better in the 2007 Springfield match if I had not saved a round due to sticky extraction.

I sized all of them, and still can not find any other fault with them. Having as much LC69 brass as I do, it will be quite awhile before I get around to loading the Greek.

CDD

Posts: 29 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: 05 September 2004Reply With Quote