Find
Notify
Tools

custom Canadian made barrel's
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted
hy, Would anyone know if there are any high quality custom barrel's made in Canada, that would be equal to any made in the U.S.A. Thank's: Rick.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a number of Canadian barrel makers that will toe to toe with US makers. Here's a few of the more popular:

Ron Smith(403) 631-2405
Ted Gaillard(306) 752-3769
Bevan King(250) 786-5200
Rob McLennan(705) 526-2159

Posts: 96 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 21 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RKS (Ron Smith) makes some good bbls. I have 2 on customs and they shoot well and are finished very well.

Posts: 108 | Location: corner of walk and don't walk | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
Here is a 5 shot, 100 yard group from my .338-06 whose barrel was made and chambered by Bevan King. As you can guess I am very happy with the quality of his work.

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've looked at the match results from several events in the U.S., and see Ted Gaillard listed as the barrel maker in some of them. Precision Shooting magazine used to print a "top ten summary" for the events. It included Action make, barrel make, gunsmith, stocker, caliber shot, bullet and powder used etc. It was a very good piece of data for those of us who might own one of the calibers. Recently they stopped making this information available to us. That's unfortunate indeed. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote