THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Non-resident handgun on hunting trip from USA

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-resident handgun on hunting trip from USA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is it allowed? I'll be in bear country on a moose hunt and thought about bringing one. Worth the hassle even if allowed?

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Bull Sprig...sorry sir but it just is not allowed. Hasn't been for years and it is not likely to change any time soon, if ever.

We don't like it either. There are provisions for Canadians who are properly licensed to apply for "wilderness carry" but it is not applied evenly across the country and you have to pass a test, etc. etc.

Our illustrious Prime Minister is in the process of having handguns banned across the country. Those who have handguns will be grandfathered as far as owning them, but you will not be allowed to sell them or buy any more. When you die they will not be passed and must be turned over to the government.

This is not law yet, but it is not looking very promising that some miracle will happen and the legislation is tanked. We need a change of government badly...and it needs to be a Conservative government as that is our only hope of getting some of this bullshit squashed.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Skyline. I wish you all well in your fight against the insanity taking place north of our border. Such a shame that the only people/place your idiot cares about is the major cities.

PS....I'll be hunting in your vicinity it would appear......flying into Smithers then driving to Dease Lake for a float plane. Can't wait!

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Yes I don't live to far from Smithers. That Dease Lake country is beautiful and I have hunted around that country myself a bit over the years. Hope you have a great hunt. tu2

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they even make in most juridictions that you cant hunt with handguns. yukon done that in 74.

my govt doesnt trust me for carrying let alone hunting where i can do that legally in alaska for small game. go figure ....

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
Bull Sprig...sorry sir but it just is not allowed. Hasn't been for years and it is not likely to change any time soon, if ever.

We don't like it either. There are provisions for Canadians who are properly licensed to apply for "wilderness carry" but it is not applied evenly across the country and you have to pass a test, etc. etc.

Our illustrious Prime Minister is in the process of having handguns banned across the country. Those who have handguns will be grandfathered as far as owning them, but you will not be allowed to sell them or buy any more. When you die they will not be passed and must be turned over to the government.

This is not law yet, but it is not looking very promising that some miracle will happen and the legislation is tanked. We need a change of government badly...and it needs to be a Conservative government as that is our only hope of getting some of this bullshit squashed.

Why is this guy in office
can't believe Canada of all places would have such a pussy run things
sorry but that is how I feel

Posts: 291 | Location: wisconsin  | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boggles my mind some idiot in a suit in Toronto can tell a citizen he can't carry a sidearm for bear protection in the wilderness where there's prolly less than 5 people within 1000 miles.

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bull Sprig:
Boggles my mind some idiot in a suit in Toronto can tell a citizen he can't carry a sidearm for bear protection in the wilderness where there's prolly less than 5 people within 1000 miles.

Sad but true. Unfortunately what happens in the country is determined by the voters in the Greater Toronto area, Montreal and Vancouver. Rural people just do not have the numbers to have a say. It is very frustrating to have the people in the large urban centres, which tend to be left leaning for the most part and who has only seen a grizzly on TV making decisions about whether you should be able to protect yourself, family and property.

Carrying a long gun is not always practical for many tasks that we rural people have to do.

Sadly our two fearless leaders are a disgrace.