THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Can I bring an observer hunting...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I bring an observer hunting...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Enigma
posted
Hello fellow members!

My father is arriving from Oakland California in a few weeks and I was wondering if I could bring him with me as an observer hunting small game birds? He will not be holding a firearm, or shooting at all. I live in Northern Ontario by the way. I will call the Ministry of Natural Resources tomorrow, and see what they tell me. I can't seem to find a section in the Ontario regs that mentions anything about bringing an observer...

Feel free to fill me in.

Maurice

Posts: 347 | Location: Canada | Registered: 30 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No laws against observers anywhere in Canada, as far as I know. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My wife refuses to let me go bird hunting without her tagging along.
A good reason for a nice quiet walk in the woods together.
The only bad thing is that she always wants to hold hands, and I miss the opportunity for quite a few grouse when they flush.

Posts: 31 | Location: Central BC, Canada | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Enigma Dan is correct you can have someone tag along. However if there are any requirements to wear blaze orange hats or vests (or any other colour) he will have to follow those rules the same as if he were hunting.

Posts: 2436 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Enigma
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your responses. Makes much sense!

Maurice

Posts: 347 | Location: Canada | Registered: 30 August 2004Reply With Quote