THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    King Saud to be New Minister of Health.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

King Saud to be New Minister of Health.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Murf
posted
What about Martin's plan to use some of the GST from excessively high gas prices to provide more funds for health care? If there is a need for money in the health system then there is a need and our gov't should supply it. Nice to see Martin wants to leave decisions on funding of health care to OPEC.

Posts: 14361 | Location: Sask. Canada | Registered: 04 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
But wait, he's already promised that money to the cities for roads and services. So far he's made 80 billion dollars worth of promises, on about 5.4 billion worth of fuel GST tax money. Paul's using his extraordinary math skills again - dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I firmly believe in and totally support complete health care for every Canadian and legal, landed immigrant. I would like to see this extended to dental and optical care as well and to hell with what the rich dentists, etc. whine about.

We Canadians can easily afford this by eliminating the following spending:

1. Eliminate ALL funding for Aboriginals and cancel any treaties or constitutional provisions that give them special rights; this would save $11,000,000,000.

2. Cancel all multiculturalism, human rights, immigrant services and refugee programs and make our borders totally secure. If, you were not born in Canada, you are damned lucky to be here, so, do things our way or get out. This would save millions of tax dollars now wasted.

3. Eliminate ALL foreign aid, period.

4. Eliminate "official" bilingualism, period.

With these destructive, divisive and wasteful programmes gone, we would have lots more money for healthcare. There are many more government boondoggles that I would like to see eliminated; the Canada Council. the C.B.C. and the position of Governor-General for example.

Martin is just a lying sack of shit, what's new about that?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kute, you forgot the gun registry. There's about a billion in savings, too. You don't really believe that they're going to limit spending on it to $25 million a year, do you??

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sorta took it as given that the gun control would go, but, the waste on this is a fraction of some of the other stuff like the Indians and Bilingualism. Note, I firmly support making training in various languages available to anyone at our expensive educational facilities, but, I am adamantly opposed to having French as an "Official Language"; the actual founding language of Canada was Old Norse and that should be our other "Official Language".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually,acording the newest info availabe, The Celts were here before the Vikings. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Based on archaeological evidence, I would dispute that and I would point out that within the past six months, the "Vinland Map" has been, once again, verified as being an authentic and correctly descriptive artifact from the 400-500 yr. Viking era in Canadian history. The unsubstantiated myths concerning the seeking of hermitage sites by monastic followers of St. Columba have never been verified by archaeological discoveries-that I am familiar with. If, you know of recent discoveries, I would like to hear about it.

I would also point out that both the Celts and the Vikings originated primarily in what is now Germany, their languages had/have a common origin. This has been, to some extent, deliberately suppressed in academia and the media during the 20th Century, due to the English prejudice against things German.

I might also mention the pre-Caboto voyages of Pining and Pothurst, check to see who they were and where they came from; these were among the earliest explorers of the "Hanseatic League" era, immediately post Viking decline.

Given the Germanic origin of the English and Gaelic languages, the Vikings, the Norse origin-influence in respect of the Normans and Bretons who were the first "French" to explore and settle in Canada, one might well make a case for German as our second "Official Language". If that revolting commie fag, Trudeau was still alive, I might do it just to piss him off!