Find
Notify
Tools

Re: SCI BC Chapter Fund raiser
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted
Where is this being held? Did I miss that part?
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
It is at the Delta Inn. On the turn off to Tswassan.

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't it the Sierra Club that in California started the anti outdoors and anti hunting of various critters movements. And if that is the same bunch,why are people now embracing them as friends? derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Isn't it the Sierra Club that in California started the anti outdoors and anti hunting of various critters movements. And if that is the same bunch,why are people now embracing them as friends? derf

Safari Club International, Fred!!!

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

It is at the Delta Inn. On the turn off to Tswassan.

No it is not at the Delta venue this year. It will be at the Italian Cultural Centre in Vancouver, Cnr Slocan and Grandview Highway ( on the boarder of Burnaby and Vancouver. The event is the 13th March. If any of you guys need tickets, drop me a mail and I will keep them for you or mail them on to you.

Hope to see you all.

Posts: 151 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Fred

I think you should go. I 'll be there and I would like to meet you.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well heck, if you all are gonna use abbreviations like that around brain damaged old farts you can expect a little confusion! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Hi Mabelingwane,
Do you have to be an SCI member and a BC chapter member to attend? My buddy and I would sure like to go and meet some local hunters with similar interests.
Take care,
Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post

NO you don't. You do have to be able to drink Beer though.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Fully qualified let me know how to get the tickets.
Take care,
Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Do you have to be an SCI member and a BC chapter member to attend?

Dave, No you do not need to be a member, and as said above,

Quote:

NO you don't. You do have to be able to drink Beer though

If you need tickets Just drop me a line, I could perhaps meet you some place or even the evening of the function, I could arrange that you get them at the entrance. I live in Coquitlam.

Posts: 151 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Hi
That sounds great send me your address and send you down a check for two tickets for sure possibly three. My wife is a vegetarian do you know what the menu is. If it works out the tickets would go to four. Looking forward to buying Mickey and you a beer or six.
Take care,
Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Poster: 470 Mbogo
Subject: Re: SCI BC Chapter Fund raiser

Hi
.......... Looking forward to buying Mickey and you a beer or six.
Take care,
Dave

Dave

I am saving this for future evidence if needed. See you there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mbogo...

I could arrange that you collect the tickets at the door, or I could mail them to you ( your choice). My adress is 68-2905 Norman avenue, Coquitlam, V3C 4h9. If you want to mail me a check. The cost of theitickets is $ 65.00 per ticket, and the function is the 13 March at the Italian Cultural Centre, Cnr Slocan and Granview highway, Vancouver.

I will return the favor and buy you a couple to. I have a booth there, but also will be running around with the directors, But will have time to knock a few back.

What about you Mickey, How many tickets can I send you?

one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Excellent I will send you a check and pick the tickets up at the door. Did you find anything out about the menu. The other half is a vegetarian. Is there any fish on the menu? If so I'll send you a check for four tickets. Is there a name I can put on that envelope? You can pm me if you want.

Take care,

Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mabelingwane

I already ordered two from Brooke. I haven't heard back from him yet. If you see him tell him to check his email. I have no idea where the new place is at. How can I get directions and where is a close place to stay?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Att: Corrie Venter

I will then forward the check onto SCI. I will need your name, so that I can get the correct info on the envelope and the package. I will confirm for you reciept of the check. with regards to the meal, Nothing has been set in stone yet with regards to the menu, but we will be catering for the vegitarian. I will arrange this before hand.

Mickey...

I will talk to Brooke. And get him to move his Butt and return a response to you. The adress for the venue is

The Italian Cultural Centre Society
3075 Slocan Street
Vancouver, B.C. V5M 3E4
Phone: (604) 430-3337
Fax: (604) 430-3331

I will mail you a map. The closest hotel is the Radisson in Burnaby.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

SCI BC is having there 6th annual fundraiser on the 13 March 2004. There are some huge quality bargains to be had, including a hand full of great African Safari's.

Guy's and Gall's

Come support your local fellow outdoors people.

Any more tickets? The tickets are going fast But there are still a few available.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The banquette is this weekend.. There are still tickets available..

Dave see you there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is the Day.....

Any more takers? Join SCI (or renew local membership) and stand a chance to win a 7 day African Safari..

Come on..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say the event was really a great one. There were around 300 attending and I hear it didn't break up until around 2 AM. I don't know for sure as I was fast asleep by then.

Met up with Mabelingwane and 470 Mbogo and had a good chat and Dave did buy some beer as promised. For those of you in the Lower Mainland who didn't make it make sure to put it on your calendar for next year. It was a sellout so buy your tickets early.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It was a blast... Thanx for the possative feed back Mickey It was great meeting with you and Dave, Just a pitty I was so busy to even buy you guys a beer,that is the joy of being on the board with a great team of guys, so next time I owe you two. It was a great success, just a few hick up's, but never the less we all had a great time.

one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Hi Corrie and Mickey,
That was a fun and informative event. The beer was cold and there were lots of good silent auction items. I think they should try to exhibit some really nice DGR for people to look at like Mickey's 8 bores. Then we could go to the range the next day . It was really nice to meet you guys and Corrie you were a busy fellow.
Take good care,
Dave