Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle Finders Fee
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
Am looking for a particular Brno ZKK 601 in 7x57. Rifle had the European buttstock (no Monte Carlo or cheekpiece), the standard (not single set) trigger. Stock was basically blond, with a little green knot in the upper right hand side of buttstock. Was the early model with the pop-up peep in the rear receiver bridge.

When sold, was wearing a Meopta 2-1/2 power scope in a one-piece Brno mount.

Was traded in 1971 or '72 to Erv Heiman at the Custom Gun Shop in Edmonton, Alberta.

What's so special about this rifle? To anyone else, probably nothing. I happened to shoot my first moose with it.

Would dearly love to get this rifle back before I die. Am willing to pay at least a $350 U.S. finder's fee to anyone who can find the rifle and get the current owner to sell it back to me. I can arrange U.S. Import papers to my curent residence in Oregon and will pay for Canadian export papers.

Someone must know where this sucker is. Here's hoping they'll tell me...

AC

N.B.: Of course the Finder's Fee will be paid IN ADDITION to whatever the rifle, shipping, etc., end up costing me.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You may want to consider posting on this site :

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/phpbb/

Custom Guns was taken over by Wholesale Sports in Edmonton - who knows they still may have the old Custom Gun Shop records on who the gun was sold to.........

http://www.wholesalesports.com/

Posts: 44 | Location: Canada | Registered: 19 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on the other site (Gunnutz...).

I talked with Erv over at his Browning parts place. He says those records were all destroyed, or never even kept originally, as there were not the same records requirements in the very early 70's as later in that decade and since.

Thanks again,

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alberta Canuck, did you by any chance sell Erv the 99 Savage in .22 Hi-Power you mentioned a couple of months ago? ....Cause it sounded like the one I got from him around 1980. ~Arctic~

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote