Find
Notify
Tools

Nobody told me.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Exit31
posted
Nobody told me that reloader bullets for my new to me 375 H&H are harder to find in Canada than a hens teeth. I called perhaps eight suppliers today and no one has hornady 375s in stock. I'm talking bullets for reloading. Even the big supplies don't have any! Some don't even carry 375 bullets period!

Some had a few premium 375 bullets, full metal jackets, which I don't what to blow on the dirt bank behind paper targets.

Man, I might just get me a 375 lead bullet die!

I never though that with all the distributors and suppliers in Canada, that a Plain Jane 375 caliber bullet would be hard to get? Are suppliers in Canada serious about what they advertise in their catalogues?

Why shall there not be patient confidence in the ultimate justice of the people? Is there any better or equal hope in the world? Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 599 | Location: Canada, NS | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
did you try P&D in edmonton?

I thought they had some the last time I was in there.

P&D

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try Higginson Powder in Ontario> They handle Hornady bullets

Higginsons

If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk.

Posts: 407 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
It seems anything over .338 is a PIA to get in Canada. You think 375 is bad try 505 gibbs 510 cal or 475 diameter bullets. As for suppliers in Canada what do they expect when they only order once a year at spring trade shows so that they can get the best deal. Mad instead of getting inventory in when supplies are low.

I could help you with Barnes and GS custom bullets in 375. My only Hornady stock is in 416's right now.

I have to ask though why do you want to shoot something that you will not be hunting with?

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get on the puter and start looking.Ellwood Epps,LeBaron,SIR, Bashaw Sports,David Henry Gunmaker for a start

Posts: 68 | Location: Camrose Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
I Live in London UK but used to be a residence of Ontario. I tried without success for 9.3 head and gave up after 03 months. Similar for loaded ammo in 9.3 x 62

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
I've never had problems gettig 375 caliber bullets. I usually buy form Wholesale Sports, Russels, Omineca Source for Sports or Higginsons.

375 Ruger- The NEW KING of the .375's!!

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by londonhunter:
I Live in London UK but used to be a residence of Ontario. I tried without success for 9.3 head and gave up after 03 months. Similar for loaded ammo in 9.3 x 62

Never found commercial ammo in 9.3x62 here, but never had a problem finding .366 caliber bullets. There usually is a choice. Wholesale or Russell Sports

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Exit31
posted Hide Post
P&D had a couple of boxes of nosler premium bullets. No Hornadys.

Sir does NOT stock 375 caliber.

Russell is out. Wholesale is out.

Ellwood Epps has solids only.

I will hunt with hornady if I can get them. But my rifle is new to me and I plan to reload for it and get use to it, by shooting several hundred bullets at targets. Hornadys 3710 are listed in up to date catalogues at apox $25.99 (Russell's 2008). Nosler partitions are $60.99. Accubond for $45.99.

I'd rather plow 200 to 300 or so in dirt at $25.99 for 50 or such. And I will plow a moose with a hornady anyday.

I've been told by suppliers that I have an expensive caliber and I just got to get use to it. Problem is I don't need premium bullets for targets right now.

Thanks for you suggestions. I will try other suppliers.

Why shall there not be patient confidence in the ultimate justice of the people? Is there any better or equal hope in the world? Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 599 | Location: Canada, NS | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
If you are just wanting some cheap bullets for target shooting, why not get some loaded Reminton centerfire 270 gr sp's. $53 box and you get the brass for relading. I bought a few boxes last year for breaking in my 375 and they were decent for the price. Not the best alternative but as I said before, above 338 selection gets small as the gun stores just bother with bigger bore stock.

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
You could try Corlane Sporting Goods in Dawson Creek. Their number is 250 782-2111. They are expecting a bullet order in so anything is possible.
Take good care,
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BCJames
posted Hide Post
I have had the same results as Gatehouse. .375 cal Accubonds and Barnes have been no problem from Wholesale Sports.

Posts: 133 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Call here:

http://www.ominecasourceforsports.com/

250-567-9885

Ask for Mark.

Tell him Gatehouse sent you Smiler

375 Ruger- The NEW KING of the .375's!!

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Local store has two boxes of 270 interbonds and two boxes or 300 interbonds sitting on shelf, pm me if you want their phone number.

One of Us
Picture of Exit31
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saskguy for the heads up. I was able to purchase two boxes each of interlocks in 270 and 300grs. at excellent price.

Also, Canuck32 your idea about Remington factory ammo is a very good idea which I will explore next week. I paid $1.00 each plus freight for brass this week. Your idea is a good one thanks.

One thing I have noticed is that if a few of us decided to order 375 components at the same time we would deplete the canadian inventory in no time!Geesh! Thank you all for the good suggestions.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I just bought some Sierra 300gr .375 SBTs at the local store. They were in the sale bin at about 40% off...lack of interest I guess! Good paper punchers anyhoo.

They had 375 270 TSXs in stock, and some others.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Exit31
posted Hide Post

Got er done.