New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Bears
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well the spring season is open, has anyone bagged his yet? I am thinking of heading out to Squamish this weekend, As I understand them critters are out already with this great weather we are having. My friend nearly drove over one on the Highway by the chief. Says it was a brute. Ill be heading upto Powell river Friday / Saturday to see one of my clients who is going to Africa in 3 weeks, then Ill be up the back end of the chief Sunday / Monday.

Posts: 151 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
They are still sleeping here. Hopefully in a couple weeks we'll start seeing them. May is usually the best month in the interior.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haven't been out yet. I still vividly remember myself scrambling across frozen slopes, being the only critter around. I think I'll give it another week or two...though we *have* been getting very springlike temperatures.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote