THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Time to renew my gun registration. Already? $60.?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time to renew my gun registration. Already? $60.?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I received a renewal form yesterday for my rifles. This is the pits. It seems like I
just registered them. This is also a long form, 2 pages, 4 sides. Much of the information seems
to be the same as on the original. It's already been given once. The renewal cost is $60.
and nowhere does it say how often we have to repeat and pay for this process. This crap
simply has to stop. Any opinions out there? Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This some kind of Quebec thing? I don't recall any expration dates on any of my rifle registrations. Do you mean your PAL? - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
No the registrations don't expire. They are supposed to be good until the firearm is sold or destroyed.

Must be the PAL forms Cal is talking about eh?

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure he is referring to the PAL. The price will continue to rise for the same reason the costs of all government "services" increase. They need your money to keep the bureaucracy going. The PAL should be a lifetime permit which can only be rescinded for cause (this assuming it should exist at all!). Renewal fees are simply another form of taxation.
Canadian firearms groups like the NFA supported the licensing of gunowners. Be sure and feel appreciative each time you pay these fees. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah Bill, I can feel the warmth. - Dan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Hell,how do you expect them to pay for this illegal travisty if they don't double or triple bill you guys! [Mad] derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excuse my ignorance. But what is a PAL. (Pray for And Love)thy government. Which is in dire need of your Loonies. Fred M.

Posts: 465 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL). - Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan.
I thought I have have a FAC ( Firearms Acquisition Certificate)with my picture on it. It expires end of next year. "PAL" never rang a bell but that is what I have. Is the $60 for the renewal of a PAL? Pretty expensive if that what it is. What if you don't hand over the $60?
I suppose confiscation would result. Perhaps next year we have a modified Gov.but I doubt they will stop the money grab or that we will be able to vote this Gov out of office with the kind of majority they have. Fred M.

[ 11-02-2003, 03:46: Message edited by: ZERMEL ]

Posts: 465 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you renew, do it early. It takes months. To do what I don't know.

Chuck

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A thousand pardons guys. Apparently this PAL is what I know as a FAC. I still need to submit new photos. Like at 66 years old my features are really going to change. The questions are all but obscene. Have you passed the Canadian Firearms Safety Course? Well, how in hell would I have acquired my original FAC if I hadn't? Why am I listing two references? They already have this from the first FAC. These people are becoming pathetic. I'm sure you'll agree when you get your renewal forms. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My FAC runs out in a couple of days and I just received my new PAL. I asked the 2 people that I gave for references if the CFC contacted them and they said no. I talked to some other friends that renewed their licence and their references were not contacted either. So why do you have to get references if those assholes dont bother getting incontact with them ????

Posts: 45 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cal, you could just become one of the approximately 300,000 other Canadians (as of four years ago) who have restricted weapons registered with the government who have not renewed their licences. An RCMP in North Vancouver told me they estimated there were about 50,000 such people in B.C. alone. I personally knew of five cases and if anyone, including the authorities, cared it sure didn't show. They haven't got the manpower, financial resources or willpower to act...yet. If they don't enforce the registry I suspect many shooters will say to hell with complying with any of their expensive and ineffective regulations.

Posts: 225 | Location: YYZ | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
when i applying for my PAL it asked for my wife's signature.she refused to sign because she hates guns[long story].i told the CFC it was my guns and it was i who was applying for the licence,but they insisted.i refused to back down,and in the end they gave me my licence without the signature.if all of us stood up to the goverment they would have no choice but to back down. LUFA advacates ripping up the fac and the pal ,and not registering any guns.go on their website and see what they are talking about.gives us something to think about.

Posts: 26 | Location: alberta | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Harley #2,

You might just be right. I registered my rifles on the internet through the registry's site. I received an EMAIL notification the guns were properly registered. This was six months ago and I still haven't received a little plastic card for any of the rifles (14). However I did get a letter asking for the data on my restricted firearms. What restricted firearms? All my guns are bolt action rifles or pump and side by side shotguns. Nothing I own is restricted. When I phoned they casually said, "Oh well, then don't worry about it." Do these people have any expertise at all? I think they should can this system and staff. Start over with some qualified firearms people manning the system. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems to be following the course up there. Make it harder and harder to own guns less people are will to jump through the hoops. The guys that only hunt once in a while or own a gun for protection will turn them in not worth the hassel.---------------------------------------------------Less and less people owning them less people to fight the day they come and get them.------------ Don't think that making it hard to renew is just government srew ups. All you need is a some hard core antis in the system and they can make it hard on everybody.-------------------------Registation leads to confiscation-----------------

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We already have the hard corp anti's in the form of "Gun Police" and they are also good at covering up! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm not Canadian though I do love to visit there, I see that Canada is falling into some of the same crap that is ruining the US.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2003/11/25/161201.shtml

Posts: 12545 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately Fjold we're much farther into the dumpster than thee.
Just elect a bunch of Liberal bastards, you'll catch up

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apparently the plastic registration card for each firearm is no longer being issued. I registered
14 rifles by computer about 18 months ago, and still have no cards, only a paper printout of the information. Last night I checked all the data closely and was shocked at the mistakes; serial numbers in error on four rifles, type of action wrong. I still have the original printout so I know the data provided to them was correct. Who in hell are these guys? The incompetency is downright embarrassing. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

one of us
posted Hide Post
I dought that it is incompetency more likey planned to make it harder to register them. You better not loose the corrent one or someone well be telling you they are not registered. WE have no records of them you well just have to give them up or may go to jail. Here in the states BATF to famous for losing paper work you better have your copy or your toast. They even have been caught lieing about it on the witness stand. Be careful Good luck.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello:
Where do you get this Bargain PAL for $60. ???
I just filed my renewal a couple of weeks ago and it was $80. Another interesting note. If I live in Canada, I send it to Mirimichi, or whatever that formerly deprived place in New Brunswick is. If I live in the country of Quebec, I send it to the Surrete de Quebec, im Montreal.
Grizz

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is nothing wrong with the registry that spending another couple of billion bucks can't make worse! The scumbag liberals will defend this fiasco like a dog with a meatbone so be prepared for a dramatic rise in gun ownership costs...for those who registered.

Posts: 225 | Location: YYZ | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
More Americans Need to read this posts! It shows what the Democrats will want to turn the USA into, especially if that Bitch Hillary Clinton ever gets elected.

She will be employing every ex KGB person she can find.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote