THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    The convoys north are in full movement.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The convoys north are in full movement.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Lots & lots of trucks, campers, trailers with quads, horse trailers, boat trailers. The armies are heading north!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
That's good news. I'll be joining that group on Sept 24th with my Son and hunting partner Chris. I think it will be an overnight in PG then up to the Alaska highway from there.
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470 Mbogo:
That's good news. I'll be joining that group on Sept 24th with my Son and hunting partner Chris. I think it will be an overnight in PG then up to the Alaska highway from there.
Dave

A Wednesday, hey cool! Do you know your ETA? I'd like to meet you guys.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
I'll pm you when we have our timing down pat
Dave

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Lots of trucks and campers heading past my way this last weekend...Good luck everyone!

375 Ruger- The NEW KING of the .375's!!

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
.366 torque
Try emailing me on my personal email destergaard@dccnet.com for some reason the last couple of emails I've received through accurate reloading lock up my computer. I tried them a couple of times each and they keep locking up.
Take care,
Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave, sorry I didn't see this sooner.
I sent an email.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck on your hunt everyone. Make sure you say high to us highway workers in the Pine Pass.

Posts: 201 | Location: Mackenzie BC | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope the weather is better up north. It's been too warm around here!

one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
It turned very warm and we had to leave a week early in order to save our Moose meat. I hope everyone else is able to do the same.
Take good care,
Dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear you guys connected on a moose. How did Tim make out? I hope he had a good time.

I went up to the McGregors last week. Nothing but track soup! Sure was nice to get out though.

one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Hi Bruce
Tim did well. He got the Moose and that's what the whole trip was about. We called it out of the timber and it along with 8 cows came right down into the meadow we were calling from. Tim was all set up and got a 300 yard shot just at dusk. We were out there with headlamps until ten o'clock and then had a 4 Km walk out in the dark. We got back the next day and packed all the quarters out and were back in camp by 5:00 pm. We could hear wolves on the kill by 8:30 pm so we were really lucky. We pulled the quarters away from the gut pile and left some of our smelly T-shirts on them. Really lucky no G-Bears to deal with.
Take good care,
Dave

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470 Mbogo:
Hi Bruce
Tim did well. He got the Moose and that's what the whole trip was about.

AWESOME. Congrats Dave, and TIM!

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Cheers,
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!! beer A new hunting addict! No G-Bears is great news as well. I'm guessing your 300 Webbie has changed hands now, eh?
Oh and how did the 6500 work? Sounds like it did the job quite well, as did the shooter of course!