New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying a firearm in Canada
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A good friend and turkey hunting buddy of mine lives in Ontario and I live in New York State....We hunt turkeys together in Ontario, New York, and Kentucky every year...

He has decided to sell some of his firearms, including some rifles, shotguns and handguns... I'd LOVE to be able to buy some of them, especially a couple of nice SMLEs that he is going to part with...

Is there a process whereby I can purchase a firearm in Ontario and bring it home to New York State..??

Posts: 119 | Location: Addison, NY | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Basicly you will need to get an import license at your end nothing should be needed at this end. I sold a rifle to an American in the U.S. all that is needed is a bill of sale with the rifle and also the import permit.

Posts: 113 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: 09 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Get a Form 6 from ATF, have it approved, find a FFL holder who will receive the gun and perform the transfer to you. I don't know what may be required of the Canadian seller at his end to legally export.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've done some gun hunting for a guy in the southern states, he pays me a finders fee and the gun is shipped to a dealer in Sask, thats it for me, the dealer takes care of the rest and ships it to him.