Login/Join

one of us
posted
HERE is a mapping system tracking the Quebec caribou

http://www.fapaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/faune/caribou/avis3.htm

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Lwacop,

Interesting use of technology...unforetunately due to a problem this end, I could not view the map properly..

Does it provide the time and date of the actual transmission? Is there a facility for comparing routes/dates ect from previous years??

Does anybody provide a map website where current sightings and other real time information is published???

As an aside, as technology like this gives better and better "real time info", at what does it become unsporting?

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SITE sent to me by Canadian friend.
All I know about it is what the intro into the site gives about it.

Haven't figured out all the nuances yet myself.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
<Huntaholic>
posted
MAps are udated once weekly, usually on Tuesday. it shows where the collars were the week before and where they are now, along with giving a general indication of direction of travel. I wish I had found these maps BEFORE I went on my caribou hunt up there!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huntaholic:
MAps are udated once weekly, usually on Tuesday. it shows where the collars were the week before and where they are now, along with giving a general indication of direction of travel. I wish I had found these maps BEFORE I went on my caribou hunt up there!

The folks at Nouchimi Camp showed us the current map while we were there. We also had our own copies that we downloaded before we left!

Invaluable information....

Good hunting,
Bob Scott

Posts: 13 | Location: Upstate New York | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote