THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Father law wants to move to canada.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father law wants to move to canada.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 99Fan1:
What do you hunt for around Creston?
Thank you guys agian.[/QB]

Whitetail and mulies, elk, Shiras moose, black bear. Creston is apple orchard country so you get extra deer.

Posts: 36231 | Location: Laughing so hard I can barely type.  | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duck Lake is only a few minutes north of Creston has some good Bass fishing. Kootenay lake.. A hop skip and jump north of Duck Lake has good landlocked Salmon (Kokanee) and Rainbow trout fishing. Most mountian lakes and streams have good Rainbow trout fishing with some Brook trout and Cutthroat trout too. Not much for real salmon fishing in the Kootenays though. Alot of good lakes around Cranbrook.

If he doesn't mind going for a drive and exploring the country side he will have a great time and see some beautiful country.

Posts: 968 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you Markuss for your response.
I can not think what it must be like to work your whole life and then one day no work. What a good day that must be. I guess i will have to wait 10 more years to tell you about it. But for now i will let my father in law break trail. 99

Posts: 19 | Location: Cottonwood CA | Registered: 08 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What nobody has mentioned is that one just doesn't move to Canada because they want to. You must go through the proper hoops of Immigration. This process took me 5 months back in 1980, I had college degrees, some money and a job waiting for me in BC. The system is based on a point basis and if you don't speak French you lose 25 right off the bat. Your father in law may want to ponder that.

Posts: 214 | Location: Cochrane Alberta Canada | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well,it just could be his summer home,right!! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where the hell are we getting medicare for 40 dollars a month. We have no idea where our taxes are going or how much it is costing us. We are taxed to death. I have a freind that was diagnosed with cancer one year ago last June and he could not start his chemo until January. A lot of people die because they're waiting in line to get treatment. Many people go to the US or Alberta to avoid the line ups. I have three sister in laws and my mother that are nurses and they will all verify this. Our system can be improved upon greatly. And I don't mean by giving everyone the same service.We are all created equal, what we do with our lives after that determines the service we should get. Aren't I cruel.

Posts: 39 | Location: Riding Mountain, Manitoba,Canada | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well heck,you can't expect the Feds to support Healthcare and the anti-gun registry too can you?? [Eek!] derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"And I don't mean by giving everyone the same service.We are all created equal, what we do with our lives after that determines the service we should get. Aren't I cruel."

Well, I guess that means you determined that you want to live in Manitoba and get poor medical service. Medical service is up to the provincial government, not the Feds. The Feds only pay for 17% of it, after they rake in enough tax money to foot the bill and then some, so;

First-get on to your prov rep and let him/her know in no uncertain terms that poor medical service = no job for him/her next election. mention the wonderful use of Federal funds (the gun waste/registry, the 100 million to Africa for AIDS [when they only spend 42 million for AIDS in Canada], etc, etc).

Second-get in touch with your Fed rep and give him/her the same speal. Tell these people how pissed off you really are. This is politics, it's a dirty process where the squeeky whell gets the grease.

Oh, and as for the $40 quoted, it refers to the extra $44 per month for a single that you pay in Alberta for medical coverage. It's kind of the other side of the "we have no PST" coin. If you elect a financially responsible government, and quit wasting money on social reform, soon you too will have budget surpluses. No it's not easy, and yes, Alberta's been blessed with an abundance of natural resources, but Saskatchewan probably has as much oil as Alberta (larger oil sands) and all their gov't does is whine and ask the Feds for more money. All of this transfer money is a crock, it's just a shell game that the politicos play to ensure that citizens have no real idea where THIER (yes thier, it's OUR money damn it!) money goes. So get involved with the (admittedly disgusting) political process. It's the only way to make the tit suckers do what you want (well, at least the only legal way). FWIW - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am from Nelson, B.C., quite close to Creston and am very familiar with the Kootenays as a result of many years in forestry, both with the provincial government and with private industry.

The immigration regulations now in force in this country are far too lax and seem to be biased against people from the U.K., Scandanavian and Germanic countries and the U.S.A.; they appear to favour people from India, China, the Phillipines and Islamic nations. The situation is "rigged" I think to deliberately "de-anglicize" Canada in order for the French to dominate this country.

This means that your F.I.L. may not be able to get in as a landed immigrant and he must have at least this status to obtain a resident hunting licence. So, this is all a moot point until he finds out IF he qualifies for entry. The present state of affairs with respect to immigration is closely aligned with our disgraceful firearms laws, the end result will be to reduce this nation to a third world dictatorship.

I can tell you that Creston is one of the nicest places one could ever hope to retire, especially for an outdoorsperson. There is some of the finest hunting and fishing to be found anywhere and the people are generally very friendly and accepting of newcomers. The handgun and military rifle issue is another potential problem, he may have guns that are now prohibited in this country and he cannot own them here, only terrorists and criminals may use short barreled handguns, nowadays.

I wish you and your "dad" every success in coming here, we can always find space for our good friends from the U.S.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely true. B.C. has many beautiful areas but Nelson, Nakusp, New Denver etc are just incredible. You just won't likely get immigration approval if you are white European.. because the government knows those folks are too smart to vote liberal.

Posts: 225 | Location: YYZ | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Absolutely true. B.C. has many beautiful areas but Nelson, Nakusp, New Denver etc are just incredible. You just won't likely get immigration approval if you are white European.. because the government knows those folks are too smart to vote liberal.

You are so right it aint funny.

The media reported that the federal Liberal party is gaining in support and they give credit to the increasing asian population.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
Quote:

You just won't likely get immigration approval if you are white European.. because the government knows those folks are too smart to vote liberal.

NO SHIT!

So what language is number one in greater Vancouver these days? I'll give you a hint it sure ain't French or English!

Damn! There is a good reason I haven't been south-west of Hope for so many years!!

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
A couple of weeks ago on the news they said that less than half of Greater Vancouver spoke English as the mother tongue.

It about the same around 100 Mile House but the other langauge is German.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boileroom-You don't have an e-mail-just wondering if you are from 100 Mile. Let me know- my e-mail is khhoehne@shaw.ca Just wondering if we know each other.

Posts: 214 | Location: Cochrane Alberta Canada | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There has been a lot of ranting about the medical system here, etc. but I will re-iterate---You do not move to Canada just because you want to. To become a full time resident you must go through the immigration process, and a white male will have little or no chance of being accepted. This is established fact, immigration is on a point system and if you are over 39 years old and/or do not speak French your chances are slim. They did a comparison a couple of years back and a number of notable Canadians i.e Michael J Fox would not qualify if they were to apply. BUT a separationist b---h like Celine Dion would all because she speaks French. Something to ponder-Karl

<JOHAN>
posted
Quote:

The immigration regulations now in force in this country are far too lax and seem to be biased against people from the U.K., Scandanavian and Germanic countries and the U.S.A.; they appear to favour people from India, China, the Phillipines and Islamic nations. The situation is "rigged" I think to deliberately "de-anglicize" Canada in order for the French to dominate this country.

Gentlemen
Shit it seems like Canada does the oposite to USA. This years US. DW lottery is favoring pale faces and some Asian's nations might not apply at all.

All you need to migrate is to find a nice girl, the rest is peanuts On my recent trip to Texas, girls still asks about the rumors of Sweden

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
A little tougher if you've already got a nice girl, Johan, 'cept maybe in Utah, and even there you're not supposed to talk about it. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote