New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Registration is gone???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend of mine was just telling me that he heard that the Firearms Registration had been discontinued and other parts of the act pertaining to "POL'S" and such were being changed but he had no further info on the subject. QUESTION, Is my friend hard of hearing,indulging in wishful thinking or full of it! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
No the registry is still with us I am afraid.

The Liberals in a vote-buying move have removed the FEES for transfers and registration. They have also said they will cap the costs of the registry at 25 million per year.

Only the Liberals can promise to reduce both fees and costs in the same press release!

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Afraid your friend is hard of hearing. All they did is
drop the transfer fee. Amounts to diddly squat.
Lying Liberal bastards think everyone is as naive as they
are. If they get in again it is time to get on the
seperation bandwagon.

Posts: 45 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 03 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that Martin admitted the firearms act is flawed, must be changed, then said nothing more. In effect he added absolutely nothing new. Boy, is this dandy a consumate politician or what! I don't know how much better Harper would be, but the others sure as hell don't show me much. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies guys. I have heard much more now about it and it looks to me like nothing more than electioneering BS. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
Quote:

......... and it looks to me like nothing more than electioneering BS.

Hopefully it will be a case of too little, too late for the liberal morons "running" our country!

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of course it is strictly a political decision. If they are trying to fix something where the costs have gotten way out of line, why would they then eliminate their only source of revenue from the actual users, and put the complete burden on tax payers?

I'll bet you that if they get reelected they will reinstate the fees.

Posts: 307 | Location: Vancouver, BC. | Registered: 15 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
Quote:

........., why would they then eliminate their only source of revenue from the actual users, and put the complete burden on tax payers?

It is the "taxpayers" that don't own guns that have pushed the hardest for the registry as they seem to think it will somehow protect them from us evil gun owners.

So .................... if if they want the "protection" afforded by the registry they can damn well pay for it! LoL

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sure as hell find Cariboos suggestion easy enough to take, but doubt that it will ever happen. Martin looks shiftier with each passing day. I've been waiting 4 months for a spinal operation, but the Province has suspended all but emergency surgery due to a lack of funds. The money isn't there for health care, but somehow it's available for other Mickey Mouse projects. Who do we blame? The province and the federal government both lie through their teeth. I no longer trust any of them. I actually find myself missing Trudeau. Who would have thought it? Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote