New
Find
Notify
Tools

PAL renewal
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My PAL comes up for renewal in November. Knowing how long it took to get processed last time, I figure the time is coming to start the process, so I don't get caught without a valid one.

My question is, who's responsible for this? Do I just go and get a new form and start it all over again, or do I wait for the gov't to notify me that it's time for me to renew?

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
Is this relevent?
from cfc
Employee Licences

As part of maintaining a valid firearms business licence, it is important to ensure that every employee who handles firearms keeps their firearms licence current. They must renew their licence before it expires.

A renewal application will be sent to the home address of all licensed employees approximately three months before their licence expires. If an employee's licence is about to expire but they have not yet received a renewal application, they can download form number CAFC 1039 from our web site at www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca or obtain one by calling 1 800 731-4000. When employees receive their application form, it is important that they complete it and return it as quickly as possible in order to receive the new licence before their current licence expires. The mailing address is Central Processing Site, Box 1200, Miramichi, NB E1N 5Z3.

Now, the question is, do they send us a renewal or not?

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
Brilliant idea! Lets get a new government, and ditch the licences.

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Lets get a new government, and ditch the licences.

OK sounds good to me!!!

We have the West covered so now all you have to do is convince the majority of your fellow residents in central Canada that they should vote conservative and some of our problems will be over...............

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is your responsibility to get you application in early enough for processing.I was totally surprised though when I put my application for renewal in recently and the new PAL arrived in the mail less than three weeks after I mailed the forms.I did however send the forms via registered mail if that makes any difference.I had applied nearly six months before my current PAL expired because last time the renewal took over five months.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Hell,they told you if they had enough money and time they would get it all figured out. Didn't you believe them?? I mean really,would they lie to us!! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just renewed my PAL. The CFC sent me the renewal forms a few months (can't remember exactly how many) prior to my existing licence expiring with a reminder to renew (how nice of them).

This whole firearm registry is a disgrace and just another example of our Liberal government's contempt for the people it is supposed to be governing. It seems that everything they touch turns to crap.

Posts: 41 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It took FIVE months for a renewal? So I don't have to feel bad that I didn't get the application for the restricted license sent out today then?

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote