New
Find
Notify
Tools

Places to stay in Vancouver
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
hey all, going on an Alaskan cruise in June for my honeymoon and was planning on going to Vancouver a day early before the cruise leaves and seeing the town a bit. Was hoping somebody could give me some idea of a good place to stay when we are there. It will just be for one night. Doesn't have to be real fancy. Just clean and nice. Located hopefully by some of the good stuff to see and not real far from the harbor.

thanks all.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Sylvia Hotel on English Bay is a traditional hotel for "honeymoon" couples to stay; it's a neat, old place with a fabulous view and close to the Harbour, Stanley Park and Downtown. You MUST have a reservation, get it now as the old dear is rather in demand and just get the phone number from "directory assistance"-you will love it.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I always stay at the Terminal City Club Tower Hotel when I am in Vanc for meetings. It is pretty nice. Our corporate rate isn't bad, but I am not sure what they charge normally. They do have a website.

The TCCTH is right down by the harbor. I recommend the Aqua Riva for dinner as well. Mmmm.

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmm,another prospector,and from my municipality. I wonder if we have met. My email is in my profile Moki. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Hi Dago Red,
Did you recieve my pm? Have you got everything sorted out for your trip? If so have a great time and enjoy Vancouver.
Take care,
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote