Find
Notify
Tools

New Moose hunting method
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://www.facebook.com/cbcsa...eld/254696718449232/

We chase whitetails out of the corn with the combine. I always wanted to walk in behind the combine and wait for them to come back.

In another video from the same day I was surprised how well a bedded bull was hidden. From the ground they would be even harder to spot.

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the rut is definitely waning

Posts: 214 | Location: maine, usa | Registered: 07 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Long ways from a swamp, Smiler Our moose have become very adaptive, habitat and feed wise. Harvesting is late as well, due to poor weather. so it's a banquet.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was hunting pheasants a couple days ago in SE Saskatchewan, just 30 km or so N of the US border. Found seven moose in one corn field. Fount seven pheasants too, so it was a tie. Never thought I'd live to see so many moose in an open farm field in what is not traditional moose country.

Posts: 234 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 24 January 2009Reply With Quote