Find
Notify
Tools

French MAB P-15?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted
I got to hold a MAB P-15 this weekend. I've known about them for some time but never actually held one.

It seems like a well made pistol-all steel, which I like!

The one for sale was $200. The BIG catch was the safety (looked like a Hi-power, or a 1911 without the spring/plunger) wouldn't stay up and kept falling down.

I decided to pass on it. If it was a hi-power or 1911 I know I could find parts and fix it, but I searched far and wide online for parts and couldn't find any!

So, does anyone know where I could get parts for it? I noticed some members from France on here and thought maybe they knew what could be wrong with it and where to find parts, or what to fix it.

I'd still like to pick it up, but 200 bucks or not I want it to work right eventually...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Mark.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On obsolete guns some of the parts will be easy to make some will not .As for the safety it would be good to google MAB P-15 and see if you can get exploded view drawings to see waht parts are missing and see if they can easily be made.The biggest problem might be the magazine since an auto can't function without one.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I understand that MAM in Bayonne still manufactures parts for the MAB P-15. You might try a direct contact with them.

http://www.mam-bayonne.fr/pages/arme.html

They may even understand English.

An old catalog with a parts list might also be of help:

http://www.cornellpubs.com/Templates2/MAB%201966.htm

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own one works well big and heavie isn't a hi power but it works.

Posts: 19393 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote