New
Find
Notify
Tools

GP-100
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I brought my new Ruger GP-100 (.357 Mag.) home on Thursday and took it to the range on Saturday. What a nice gun. It's well made, accurate, and with the 6" inch barrel and full underlug to steady the aim and reduce recoil it's a pleasure to shoot. The cushioned grips help too. It's the blued model and I think it's well worth the price.

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
congrats never shot one being i own the security six

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ruger GP-100

Hey Leo L. that's a nice looker too; I'm jealous.

Posts: 203 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine has the four inch barrel. I love it. I got a set of hogue grips for it. I think the grips were an improvement.

Posts: 30 | Location: E.TN | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
Great revolver, you will love it!

I have a 6" stainless, the wife and daughter like it so much, I don't get to shoot it much....but my birthday is right around th corner, I might try and find a used blued Big Grin

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed, it's a great piece! My brother-in-law has one and I have shot it on numerous occassions and every time I ask myself why I don't own one.......guess I need to but one! Eeker

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How's the trigger? Good as a S&W or Taurus?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
How's the trigger? Good as a S&W or Taurus?

I have a GP100 (had it for 18 years now). Trigger isn't bad by any stretch, but uses a completely different spring setup than a SW or Taurus. In general the SW is preferred.

Having said that, my GP is dead smooth with a very crisp break. The SW's I have are a bit nicer, but really, it's so hard to tell if there is any trigger difference in accuracy that it's a rather moot point.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rnovi:
I have a GP100 (had it for 18 years now).

Thanks for you reply, but I was curious about the new production Ruger GP100's. I'm sure that 18 years of use has smoothed up yours very nicely.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine was a little rough to begin with but it's getting smoother with use. It'll probably never be quite as good as my S&W but it's good enough. A little oil helps too. For some reason the factory didn't apply any so a few drops on the internals made a difference.

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote