Find
Notify
Tools

1911 sight???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted
After a year of checking the used gun cases in a 1/2 dozen gunshops, I found a like new Kimber HD pro-cary II. I couldn't write the $550 check fast enough. jumping

My shooting got better instantly and no "X" is safe. Paper targets tremble at the mention of my name!

It has the standard black sights, which my near 50 eyes are having trouble with in low light. What do you guys recomend? I was thinking maybe leave the factory rear sight and put a night sight dot on the front.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
My near 50 eyes know where you're coming from! I like a tritium on the front only myself! www.cdnninvestments.com just put the Kimber tritium sight set on sale for $59.99. They're the green glow white outline so they should be pretty bold in daylight. The inserts are Trijicon. There are also several adjustable sight options for the Kimber. Kimber is the distributor for Meprolight and last time I checked they had adjustable tritiums.Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sometimes i wish i had young eyes like yours, but what did was to go to brownells and but fiber optic front sights. I find the green shows best for my eyes, but it works well for me and they're only something like 10 for the front sight.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I have done two different things on two different pistols to assist in my weakening eyesight. On my 1911 with standard lo-mount Novak sights, I opened up the width of the rear sight. On my CZ 75 I installed some tritium Big Dot sights from XS. The latter are express type sights. In low light I am better with the XS sights but on a bright sunny day I shoot just as well with the widened Novaks.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Wink I like that Big Dot front sight.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote