THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    I've negleted my 1911 and now....

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've negleted my 1911 and now....
 Login/Join

posted
I can't shoot it!! I was at the range today and since I have gotten into reloading, I haven't shot my 1911. Mainly b/c I haven't started loading for the .45. Shot my 357 and 40 very well with some new loads. Then I decided to shoot the 1911 and I sprayed bullets everywhere. It was so bad I couldn't even correct it/figure out what I was doing wrong. I didn't even finish the box of ammo I bought.
I guess I'm going to have to go shoot that one more often now

Anyways, has this happened to anyone else before?? its been about 8 months since I shot it last

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
My pistol shooting skills deteriorate 10X faster than my rifle or shotgun shooting skills when I neglect getting in enough range time. This reminds me, I need to get my pistols out again SOON.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sight picture & trigger squeeze BOOM

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I'll bet you have been shooting a Glock & then switching to the 1911. For me, the Glock takes getting used to if I don't shoot it often. I shoot a 1911 almost every time I hit the range. Handguns are like that. If you want to stay proficient nothing beats trigger time. Try dry firing the 1911 before you go to the range.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have never shot a glock and never plan on it....I just don't like them.... this is my only 1911 and almost everytime i take it to the range I have some sort of problem...rear sight moving, jams...etc...I took it to a smith a while back and he "fixed" the rear sight, still moving....I think i just got a bad "batch" I'm going to call springfield and see what they say.....

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Well sure if your rear sight is not staying put you can't get any kind of accuracy. The more I shoot the more I like fixed sights (that's like 34 years now). Eeker

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I go back and forth between my 1911 in .45 and my CZ75 in .40 S&W without too much problem. Glocks have a different hand hold for me and it does slow me down slightly if I go back to a 1911, but mostly from the different ergonomics.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote