Find
Notify
Tools

The Bren Ten revived
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://vltor.wordpress.com/

I have always been afraid of breaking mine. Sure will order the new one.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bren Ten had a number of problems. A major problem was lack of magazines.It was said that the one on Miami Vice was the only one with magazines !! thumbdown A lot of over selling ,decisions about making and out sourcing parts ,marketing hype. If Fortis can overcome that it might have a chance though there is lots of competition.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A lot of people don't even remember the Bren Ten! With the S&W 1006 and the EAA Witness match (which I own), plus the Witness Hunting 10mm they will have some stiff competition. All depends on the price.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
S&W made a half dozen versions, Colt three or four, Springfield did and now does again, CZ, EAA, Glock, SVI, AMT, LAR, Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck, & Barney Rubble too.

Someone needs to make a 10mm magnum since the brass and bullets are readily available and it would be more powerful in a relatively compact chassis.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the 10mm is making its comeback at the Shot Show.

The story behind the BT magazines is a simple one. They were prohibited to leave Italy where Mec Gar made them because the customs considered them war material and locked them there. It took almost two years to get them to US. Now there are plenty everywhere, not even dropped once.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Edmond, I think it's time you sold that obsolete no parts available pistol.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Done. I made a friend very happy.

Parts, you say?

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I'ld buy one. I got to shoot three diff. models of the original, when they first came out, & liked the way they handled. Big pistol for sure, but considering the recoil of heavy 10mm, nice duty size or hunting pistol.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had one of the first Delta Elites and loved the cartridge...sold it for some long forgotten reason.

It looks like the bore centerline is awful high on the Bren/Fortis and I wonder what the trigger reset is like. I will probably get one just for S&G.

Grey Guns is supposed to be doing a run of 10mm Sig P220 conversions that look good also...the hang-up is...the magazines!

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might end up with collector value if they don't produce too many of them. Otherwise, there are plenty of other 10s around that sell semi-regularly on the market. there really isn't that big of a 10mm market, kinda like .41Mags.

As far as future appreciation I'd put it in the same category as my Oly Arms Wolverine, might be worth something because it's an oddball, but I bought it because it's fun to shoot. As far as 10mms, it's not the best or the worst.

As far as 10mm as a cartridge, make up your own mind. It wasn't any kind of revelation in handgunning. Just a different option. If I bother with big handgun cartridges I go for REALLY big ones. Otherwise .357M or .45ACP suits me just fine. Opinions are like a**holes and I got both...

I'd see how many actually get rolled out the factory before I would think about buying one.

Posts: 895 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I met the designers & handled THE original Bren 10 at a shot show years ago. I hope it makes it this time!

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom`:
As far as 10mms, it's not the best or the worst.

Which is the best?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
quote:

Which is the best?

The one you like best that fits you well?

Posts: 895 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which is the best?

The one you like best that fits you well?

OK, I'll bite. Which one do you like best that fits you well? I don't have a 10mm and have never shot one in a self loader(I did shoot Edmond's S&W revolver in 10mm once).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kimber Stainless Target II. I like 1911s.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I've owned them all except the Bren and the SVI. None of them were/are that great design wise. The big Smith's handles best but shot for shit and had the worst recoil. The later model G20 with all the mods are the most useable and reliable but it's still a plastic squirtgun WalMart POS but I like the G29. Lots of juice in a small package and it always works.

I'd like to have a custom SVI but can't own them here in Kaliforniastan...

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
If a gun's chambered in .40 S&W there may be a chance you could convert it to 10mm. This isn't a plastic squirtgun Walmart POS and maybe they sell them in California?

http://www.lesbaer.com/HC40.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Les Baer is good stuff but all handguns have to go through a testing cerification process before they can e sold in kaliforniastan. A high end 10mm won't have the sales volume to justify the expense for the manufacturer.

A link to the list:

HERE

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:
Les Baer is good stuff but all handguns have to go through a testing cerification process before they can e sold in kaliforniastan. A high end 10mm won't have the sales volume to justify the expense for the manufacturer.

A link to the list:

HERE

So if I understand that list you've got a choice between a couple of Glock models and two Kimber models, in a self-loader. It must be a bureaucratic nightmare to be a gun dealer in California these days.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:

A link to the list:

HERE

So if I understand that list you've got a choice between a couple of Glock models and two Kimber models, in a self-loader. It must be a bureaucratic nightmare to be a gun dealer in California these days.

Massachusetts is the same. Friend of mine lives there and says even Kimbers are rare as hen's teeth in Mass.

I don't live in Texas on accident. My local dealer has M2 Brownings and 7.62 miniguns for sale if you can afford them. If I want something that is non-stocking at any of my dealer friends I just call them up and they order it for me. As it should be.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If they can make it work well and long with full power 10mm loads. Other wise why have one.

Posts: 19421 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote