THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    ADJUSTABLE REAR SIGHT ON MY 1911 SA

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ADJUSTABLE REAR SIGHT ON MY 1911 SA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.precisionsalesintl.com/tpu.html
I was thinking in upgrading the rear sight on my SA 1911 mil spec: to the above rear adjustable low profile sight.I now have the 3 white dot combat sight and for older eyes they are excellent.I only have one problem the SIGHT SET UP at some distance you have to hold dead bull,I am looking for the 6 o clock hold.
I was wondering what or how much better it will be if I went with the white outline in the rear instead of the white dots.I still will keep the stock front sight that has the white dot on the slide

Posts: 149 | Location: LONG ISALAND N.Y. @ CALABASH N.C. | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never messed with a S.A. 1911 but I believe the rear sights on both styles are set into novak grooves and can be changed out with proper tools and techniques. Here is a link to see an available sight. http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?s...id=721189&t=11082005

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1189 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm 55 and still using Iron sights for competitive Bullseye shooting. I find all black sights the best when using a 6 o'clock hold. It makes for a nice contrast with the white target background. For me....dots and lines are a distraction.

Posts: 44 | Location: Key Biscayne, Fl | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
On my SA 1911 I had Novak lo-mount combat sights installed, plain black. I have found the dots don't help me one bit.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote