THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    need advice on gun price-ruger blackhawk 41 mag

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need advice on gun price-ruger blackhawk 41 mag
 Login/Join

posted
hey folks, need a little help on pistol pricing. i found a used 41 mag blackhawk, didnt see the stamp, so i dont know if it is old or new blackhawk. anyways, it has holster wear at the muzzle. it looks functional, and priced at $359 US. i am in the southeast and was wondering if this is a square price used, if not whats a ballpark figure for an honest deal? i was looking at a new 44 mag, but at 600 bucks, i can use the 41 mag a little better. also what should i look for, when i get a chance to look at it a little closer?

one of us
posted Hide Post
not a steal but a fair price.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure where you're located, since you used "$359 US", but locally (Texas) it would be priced at about $300 to $350 max if someone wasn't trying to find a sucker, so, like Lloyd said, it isn't cheap but not really ridiculous either. For instance, there is one on Gunbroker right now that can be bought for $350 in better condition than the one you described, but add mailing, etc in and you're at about $390 or so.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW, unless it is a gun that is really esoteric or a custom, you can find a "ballpark" number pretty easily by going to www.gunbroker.com and searching for whatever you're looking for. Be forewarned, it can be addictive since there is always a good deal on something if you know what you're looking at.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well i agree with everyone else not a steal but fair i paid 400 for a used redhawk in 41 with a leupy on it in upstate ny

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
Where I live that seems like an average price, which I think is high. I know I can find them cheaper online but it's a hassle with FFLs and fees.

Last week gander mtn. had a new model (not 3 screw) blackhawk for about 400 used. Don't get it, though because a month ago they had a Ruger Bisley 45Colt in the same condition for $249... should have bought it...

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
TBear,

Sounds like a good deal for a redhawk... rarely see them around here, and if we did they'd probably be 44s.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote