New
Find
Notify
Tools

45 WIN MAG LOAD
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just aquired 1000 rounds of primed 45 Win Mag ammo, whats a good load for these?
I will be using a Wildley Gas Auto Pistol new in the box.

short and fat and hard to get at, hit like a hammer and never been hit back.

Posts: 251 | Location: Just north of Salingrad. | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mine is a grizzly use 3 different loads 16 gr unique and a 185 (doesn't like to function to well, but recoils is quite light) 21.3 gr of blue dot and a 185, 17 gr of bluedot and a 230 golden sabre (my favorite)

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you know that that is quite a collector item of course!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi butchloc,
Thanks for your insight I am luckly enough to own two of these pistols, the other one has a 8 inch barrel.
I may just use the loads in the pistol witch has already been fired.
Thanks again.

Posts: 251 | Location: Just north of Salingrad. | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dm45winmag
posted Hide Post
Hodgdon has 2 loads for this caliber. I shoot a T/C Contender in this caliber. Right now I'm trying out 22.8grains of VihtaVuori N110 behind 230grain FMJ bullets. I take 18.5grains of H110 behind 300grain JSP's out hunting.

T/C Contender Shooter

Posts: 38 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 10 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dm45winmag,
I like your 300 grain selection, If you do not mind me asking what is the lengh of barrell you are using?

One of Us
Picture of Dm45winmag
posted Hide Post
I shoot a T/C Contender super 14" barrel with fiber optic sights and a muzzle tamer.

T/C Contender Shooter

Posts: 38 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 10 March 2006Reply With Quote