Notify
Tools

CHL and new gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Hello everybody,

I took my CHL class on May 16. I shot a 250/250 using my mom's Springfield XD .45 ACP. I also got a 100% on the test but that was a no-brainer.

I finally decided what pistol I want to carry, and I bought it today. I'm the proud owner of a brand new Kimber CDP II Compact .45 ACP. I can't wait to shoot it this afternoon.

Also, thanks to any and all on this forum who have helped me learn more about pistols and help me decide what to carry. I'll be sending off my CHL paperwork this week.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
Hello everybody,

I took my CHL class on May 16. I shot a 250/250 using my mom's Springfield XD .45 ACP. I also got a 100% on the test but that was a no-brainer.

I finally decided what pistol I want to carry, and I bought it today. I'm the proud owner of a brand new Kimber CDP II Compact .45 ACP. I can't wait to shoot it this afternoon.

Also, thanks to any and all on this forum who have helped me learn more about pistols and help me decide what to carry. I'll be sending off my CHL paperwork this week.

Used your Moms 45, says a lot about your Mom thumb

I think you made a good choice on the CDP Kimber.

The Aluminium framed 45 ACP is a great carry gun.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Haha.....yeah my dad bought it for her about 3 or 4 years ago when they first came out, and it had never even been shot until I first practiced with it a few weeks prior to taking the class. She still hasn't even shot it yet. It's only had 100 rounds through it.....50 for practice and 50 for my qualification.

I think he's going to buy her a new pistol soon. I think she might have a hard time shooting an auto because she had carpel tunnel syndrome in both wrists and she has trouble pushing the slide all the way back. I think a "Ladysmith" hammerless (with a well-tuned trigger) would be better for her.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Lady Smith would be an excellent choice for her.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote