THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Smith & Wesson M625 Mountain gun 45 LC??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith & Wesson M625 Mountain gun 45 LC??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking to buy one of these for general plinking, shooting, hunting sidearm, and to pair with my Marlin 1894 45LC. I've had two Ruger Blackhawks, one 45 LC and one 45LC/45ACP convertible and accuracy was dismal. I even had the chamber throats reamed to .4525 because they were all different sizes and all undersized. I've had it with Ruger 45 LC's. Both are gone now-good riddance.....

How is accuracy out of the S&W? I realize its not up to the full power Ruger loads but that's not what I'm after. I tend to shoot lead and jacketed bullets on the mild side, usually 800-1000 fps. Are the chamber throats pretty uniform in the S&W's?

What's your experience???

Thanks.

Posts: 164 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The throats on my 625MG are uniform at 0.453, and it shoots the Lyman 452424 into 1 3/4 groups at 25 yds if I'm having a good day. S&W had some throat variation on the older 25's, but apparently got it worked out by the time they were building the 625's.

John

Posts: 89 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 15 July 2003Reply With Quote