New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN 5.7 pistol anyone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been reading up a bit on this Fn pistol seems to have a cult following also seems hard to find. Seems the Brady people have put a jinx on it as with certain ammo can penetrate vests. I wonder what the future is for this round is it 5.56 x28 or 5.7 x28? Would make a good double action revolver if extraction problems would be resolved. I presume its not a shortened 223. That would be nice as brass could be made. It seems to be a super flat shooting round .

Posts: 170 | Location: ky | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
played with it a little bit cause a good friend has one. i wasn't to impressed. the little round comes in 2 loadings the one for civilian sales is pretty weak knee'd, and you can't get the military one that something to it. ammo is pricey. in actual fact i really didn't see much difference between it and one of the hot loaded 22 mags

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a previous thread on this topic I believe. Ammo is a bit expensive. CDNN has the guns for sale (or at least had them). I agree that the future is questionable. I am also not sure that the advertised velocities were being reached. IN the previous thread I asked about accuracy and I don't believe that I received an answer that stated anything really positive.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
I've fired the military style ammo out of one of the subguns and it's still a yawner. Accuracy wasn't too bad, but the impact just didnt' seem like something I'd willingly stake my life on.
archer

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote