New
Find
Notify
Tools

AMT Long Slide...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have one of these in .45ACP. The top of it is flat, about half-inch wide and three to four inches long. Is there a scope base that can be put on this gun if the top is drilled and tapped for it? Thanks...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
had one - not a good gun - not worth fooling with. reason - the barrel link set up is in 3 pieces. the fork holding the link is pressed into a sleeve, which in turn is pressed onto the barrel. really really hard to see, but all of a sudden the guns starts to jam and can't figure out why. the pressed fitting are letting lose, but this happens on recoil. when the slide moves forward again it shoves everything back in place. took me 2 months to figure it out

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some time back there was a mount that replaced one of the grip panels.I don't remember who made it.
If you could find one of these it might be better than drilling the slide.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
had one - not a good gun - not worth fooling with. reason - the barrel link set up is in 3 pieces. the fork holding the link is pressed into a sleeve, which in turn is pressed onto the barrel. really really hard to see, but all of a sudden the guns starts to jam and can't figure out why. the pressed fitting are letting loose, but this happens on recoil. when the slide moves forward again it shoves everything back in place. took me 2 months to figure it out

I could take it to Terry Tussey; he's just down the road about an hour. He's seen the gun, but never looked deeply into it. If there is a problem with it, he can fix it...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote