New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Model 1911 A1
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
See that Remington recently announced introduction of 1911 A1 pistol. Would be interesting to know if made in the States, or imported. Understand they are accepting orders for the pistols. Anyone have any "scoop" on them??

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the honor of holding on old Remington 1911 that still had the origional box and paperwork. Very good quality. I sincerely hope that this is 100% American made and no corners are cut.

http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story/216574

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to your local grocery store. The latest Shooting Times has a review of it. Quite favorable IMHO. It seems to be quite accurate. They quoted the average of 5, 5 shot groups at 25 yards no less (instead of the usual BS about 15 feet or some such nonsense). Reasonably priced too (as far as 1911's go), around $700 or so. Another rag had a review of a new lightweight Wilson gun. $3250 as I recollect!!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in acquiring one of the new 1911's. Any word on availabilty, who will carry them, whether or not the price will be kept to suggested retail, etc?

Has anyone personally examined one yet?

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I handled one at a dealer near me yesterday. It's not a bad gun. Just your basic, no frills, entry level 1911. The grips were very nice looking for a pistol in this class and price range. I opted for a 2 Springfield's instead. A "Loaded" 1911 A-1, and a Trophy Match. Both in Stainless. They were a lot more money, but they had all of the features that I liked.

I think for the money, the Remington represents a good buy. For what it's worth the price on the one I saw was $650.00. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote