THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Most attractive pistol ever. (last 120 years).
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most attractive pistol ever. (last 120 years).
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the automag is still the best looking handgun out there.Considering it was started in 1971, it was way ahead of it's time. Made 36 years ago, first stainless steel pistol, and first semi auto with magnum power. If you keep them clean, they work just fine, and still damn cool looking 36 years later.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Which is the most attractive?

Well that would be whatever one I am shooting..

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2581 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Python....and I am not a Colt DA revolver fan at all....

Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised it hasn't been already mentioned... The Colt Woodsman Sport model.

Bud W

One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted Hide Post
I am going past 120yrs a bit on some of these weapons.

1860 Colt Army
1873 Colt SAA
P-08 Luger
Colt Python
S&W M-29

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn, you that old?

animal animal animal jumping

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
In the City, for carry:
A properly modified 1911 Light weight 45 ACP Commander.
For shooting; a properly modified 1911 45 ACP Government Model.

In the woods, for carry:
A S&W 4" 44 Mag Mountain Revolver.
For Shooting; a S&W 44 Mag 6" Revolver.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
Sig 226
Colt New Frontier 22/22mag Buntline 7.5" barrel
Colt 45 SAA 5.5 barrel blued case hardened
S&W 41 7.5 inch barrel

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the 1911 followed by the luger

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
auto - beretta 92fs (m9)

revolver - general pattons 357's

Posts: 165 | Location: michigan | Registered: 06 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of montycalhoun
posted Hide Post
Well for now I really like my Kimber Super Match.

I guess since a bunch have branched off of pistols and entered revolvers I will post a photo of my "Most Attractivr Revolver". My Bowen Nimrod .45 Colt with Ivory grips.

This is until I get my 32-20 back from Hamilton Bowen, then I think it will replace the .45.

But I have to say this is like asking which of my children I love most, I LOVE them all and I think every pistol and revolver owned by a free person is a thing of ABSULOTE BEAUTY!!!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety (1759)

Posts: 110 | Location: Baghdad Iraq, Caldwell Idaho | Registered: 15 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
De gustibus non disputandum est.

BTW, a revolver is a pistol.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Cold Single Action Army in about 4.5" or 5" in blue with ivory grips is one of the really pretty handguns ever made. The 1860 Colt Army is a pretty piece too.

Although I love the 1911A1, its younger sibling, the Browning HiPower, is another beautiful piece. Browning at one time made a set with the HiPower, the 1909 (?) pocket pistol, and the little 25 all with Renaissance engraving. It graced the front page of Gun Digest or a similar book back in the 50's and I probably drooled over it as much as some pin ups of Marilyn Monroe. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
For me on looks it would be a tie with the ever beautiful Browning Hi-Power and the lovely P-08 Luger.

Steve E.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kind of a toss up for me.
1st Colt Python
2nd Colt Combat Elite

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tx6BR:
Kind of a toss up for me.
1st Colt Python
2nd Colt Combat Elite

Here is another toss up, up chuck or hurler...
This will make all you choices beautiful.
I just call it double ugly....

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ireload2,

My congratulations. I would have to actually handle that gun to be sure that it had no redeeming social value, but I think that you have found just about the ugliest pistol made. However, I will always wonder whether it was originally designed to be a good fit with a left-footed midget with a large head.

??

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
SIG P210 is the king of pistols! Best trigger best accuracy potential...and it looks superb!

Posts: 3 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Freedom amrs mod 83 premier grade.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by montycalhoun:
....I will post a photo of my "Most Attractive Revolver". My Bowen Nimrod .45 Colt with Ivory grips.

Agreed. There is nothing to my taste that can match the beauty of a well perfected and embellished single action revolver. Pistols are a machine; revolvers a work of art. My Bowen is 45 Colt.....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote