New
Find
Notify
Tools

XD 45 Tactical
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I put 200 rounds through it yesterday with excellent results. Out of the box the trigger is good. Breaks at about 5 pounds and does not have excessive travel. Sight are standard 3 dot, adequete but nothing special. Not a single jam with Wolf 230 and FC match 230. With out a rest groups averaged about 1.5-4 inches, the variance is me not the gun, at 15-25 yards. I am a 1911 guy but really like this pistol. Out of the box it is a shooter needing no work, nice suprise. I bought this one as a truck gun in case it gets stolen no real loss. It points well and is VERY easy to shoot.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For NOT being a 1911 it's a BUY since it comes in .45. Wink

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of glockmeister71
posted Hide Post
I've read a few different people on www.glocktalk.com that are happy with theirs.Just watch for rust.I worked in a gunshop and we had one that rusted worse than any handgun I ever saw on the grip safety.If you didn't know,I believe Sig sights work on them.

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was wondering about sights. Thanks for the tips.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problem perry.Anytime.Look at www.xssights.com at their Big and Std. Dot sights.I like both,but prefer the Std. Dots.I think the "dot the i" system is better than a 3-dot set-up.

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why do you prefer the "dot the i"? Have you found any decent holster out there yet (remember I have the Tact.)?

Perry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the "dot the i" is alot faster to pick up and "stack" than aligning the 3-dots.Can't help with the holster.I've never owned a XD.I always use Fobus paddles for whatever I'm carrying.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Glockmiester.

Perry

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got the duty 45 XD and have one holster from High Noon Holsters and am waiting on another. These are concealed carry holsters and are well made, check them out at www.Highnoonholsters.com I also put an XS sights Big dot system on this gun and am quite pleased with it, although it took me two shots to hit a running cottontail withit on Sunday. Yeah, I know, I got lucky, but the sight alignment was aquired very quickly.

Posts: 273 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just back from 3 days at Whittington with a buddy who had his new XD 45 with TruGlo tritium/fiber optic sights.Very fast for target aquisition and a great addition to any handgun.The XD is nice but I prefer my H&K USP Compact.Wouldn't you know it,TruGlo doesn't make that sight for my Compact.Hate it when that happens!

Juckett
formerly known as Bravo five one